Spring Practice Pressers

Mavric

38 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Ya, Joseph has been impressive..

I stopped by practice a couple days ago and saw Mackey doing this drill.  He's just doing all sorts of new things I don't know if any other WR coach is doing.  The hang time he is creating is phenomenal.  I like how he's getting his lions to take the hide at the highpoint.  This has been lacking.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/842196739837892?fs=e&s=cl

This link work for anyone else? For me it seems that lions taking the hide at the high point was too graphic.

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

JJ, as it seems often for you ... you seem to let what ever issue you have with what you think I believe ... that you can't see the humor in what was being said and didn't take the time to watch the video.  This called "humor".  You will need to watch the video to get the chuckle within all the praise coming Mickey's way.

Good day.

I don’t even know if that was your analogy or one you picked up from an article or video. Humor or not, lions taking the hide at the highpoint is stupid. I’ve heard of highpointing the ball and I suppose a pigskin could be referred to as a hide but where it really lost me was interjecting lions into it. Unnecessary attempt at whatever. And no, I didn’t watch any video. I read the tweet you posted and the comments afterwards. Didn’t seem interesting enough to delve further.

BTW, not everything is about you.

Good day.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Decked said:

Frost meeting with Betts tomorrow to see what the future holds

With all the Rumors going around with why he isn't on the team right now I just hope the kid does what's best for himself. At the end of the day these are just kids and at the end of the day there are things more important than football. With that being said I hope doing what's best for him includes him continuing with the team. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

These pressers all seem positive imo.  I know it’s tough to not let the hope and wish get in the way of the careful prudent assessments but there is a lot more smiles and a degree of confidence that comes thru.  I love to hear the defenders talk positive about the offensive run game.  We need power and push and I’m sensing that is the focus.  We need to make the defenses stop the run first out of fear and respect.  This will make the pass game explode. TDs instead of punts and missed FGs = wins.  It can happen.  Max effort and tough hard nosed football.  Every team we play must get pounded not finessed so much.  That’s how you win in the 4th qtr.