USC and UCLA to the B1G

2 hours ago, Blackshirt316 said:

Do you get BTN?

All of the conference-specific channels are available via a sports tier for the one cable company (cox) out here (some centurylink might still be around). I think satellite is different. Dish never could land an agreement to carry the Pac12 network. 

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This guy has covered Pac 10/12 for years

Wilner broke the news that the two LA schools were joining the Big Ten, so he's as "in the know" as anyone. 

Notre Dame's contract with NBC expires in 2025. Notre Dame will need to make plans beginning in 2024, so that two-year time frame sounds about right.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Wilner broke the news that the two LA schools were joining the Big Ten, so he's as "in the know" as anyone. 

Notre Dame's contract with NBC expires in 2025. Notre Dame will need to make plans beginning in 2024, so that two-year time frame sounds about right.

I guess I don't understand what he is getting at.  What does Oregon and Washington have to do with ND?  I would think it would come down which conference they would rather be a part of and not what ND is doing.  

12 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I guess I don't understand what he is getting at.  What does Oregon and Washington have to do with ND?  I would think it would come down which conference they would rather be a part of and not what ND is doing.  

My read is the B1G is basically Notre Dame or no one and they told Oregon and Washington "we're good for now".

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

My read is the B1G is basically Notre Dame or no one and they told Oregon and Washington "we're good for now".

I suppose but just seems like USC and UCLA joining undoubtedly has set off a chain of jockeying for conference realignment all over the place.  So you would think the BIG is going to add more teams anyway other than ND.  

17 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

So you would think the BIG is going to add more teams anyway other than ND.  

Why?

They only want to add teams that will increase their revenue.  Maybe by their (and Fox's) calculation the only available team that adds to their bottom line in Notre Dame.

59 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

I think satellite is different. Dish never could land an agreement to carry the Pac12 network. 

I've been a Dish customer for over 4 years now and the Pac-12 Network has been included in America's Top 200 package since I signed up as well as B1G & SEC Networks.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I've been a Dish customer for over 4 years now and the Pac-12 Network has been included in America's Top 200 package since I signed up as well as B1G & SEC Networks.

I stand corrected. I know at one time there was a problem with Dish carrying the Pac 12.

• Mavric changed the title to USC and UCLA to the B1G