Who should our next HC be?

21 minutes ago, Go Furself said:

I still vote for Luke Fickell... wanted Nebraska to make a move for him last year.

Fickell can make the playoff each year just by winning his crappy conference. He's not leaving Ohio.

As for MJ - look, I live in South Louisiana. He is a widely-respected guy in these parts. Great position coach. Excellent recruiter. Not sure he's ready for a big time college HC gig, though. I agree 100% that whomever is hired needs to do everything he possibly can to keep him.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Fickell can make the playoff each year just by winning his crappy conference. He's not leaving Ohio.

Until the B1G and SEC super conferences leave the NCAA, form their own governing body and his crappy conference is on the outside looking in.  Any smart, younger coach should try to get their seat before the music stops.  

4 hours ago, Go Furself said:

You personally talked to Luke about this?

No, just my guess. Fortunately I'm not the one calling the shots. I'd just think that it'd be much easier to negotiate with a guy who is currently on the sidelines (i.e., Meyer, Herman, Petersen, Mullen) than it is with someone in the midst of a brand new season, but again, I really don't know. Undoubtedly Trev has his own list of candidates that he's already sent feelers out to.

• Plus1 1

Just find a coach who can motivate a team to play hard to 60 minutes.  I don't care who that guy is right now.  I can tell you that I think there are several coaches out there that could get more out of this team and program.  I don't know who or how many want this job.  Past hirings tell me that not many want this gig.  Have we tried to go and get the elite, who really knows.  Again, find a guy who can motivate his team to play hard and utilize the talent we do have.