Who should our next HC be?

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Waiting in the security line at Columbus Airport and Hoiberg is on the tv. These two clowns in front of me are saying how Nebraska sucks at everything but women’s volleyball 

2EC6800D-9540-4C14-9636-258012F7E295.jpeg

giphy.gif

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Waiting in the security line at Columbus Airport and Hoiberg is on the tv. These two clowns in front of me are saying how Nebraska sucks at everything but women’s volleyball 

I mean they are not wrong.

And also

6 minutes ago, GSG said:

giphy.gif

• Fire 1
43 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

+ 1 on all that

I would add too, that you might interview for a position and determine that the culture at the organization isn’t a fit for you. It goes both ways.

”Right” or “Good” isn’t equivalent to fit.  If you’re an innovator and the organization doesn’t innovate much or it is fast paced and you’re more of a methodical analytical person say, it might not be a match. That’s a couple examples among many. 

Of coarse what you have to offer, they might be deficient in thus you could bring that to the table with other considerations.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Ryan Day and Lincoln Riley, like Osborne...extremely different situations. Those guys all stepped into programs in great shape. I'll sort of give you Kirby Smart although Georgia had a winning record for like 20 years straight when he got there. He wasn't exactly stepping into a situation like Nebraska, pretty much the opposite.

Again, I'm not saying it can't happen. It's just that for every Kirby Smart there is, far more don't work out that way. The odds go way down substantially.

I get that, but just because you take over a program in great shape doesn't mean its going to stay that way just look what happened to Nebraska.  Pretty much happened to Alabama after Bear Bryant.

image.png.9acaba959b066e3ee2048ad7d2a205b6.png

Then they struck gold with Saban.  

19 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Why are they “clowns”?

Sound like they actually know what they’re talking about.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, huskerpower22 said:

In all honesty, how long do you all feel Trev has been working behind the scenes to find the new HC? Do you think discussions with agents began after last season and he just had to wait to see how things played out with Scott and with the initial interested coaches contracts before he could make a move? Now he has the private agency talking contracts and negotiating with these coaches and the possible assistant coaches who would be joining them, whether it be Mickey or someone else who has been vetted already?

I only ask because in the business I am in we usually start looking at other candidates and narrow it down to a few,  before we replace a current employee. We generally have an idea of who we are bringing in and Trev seems calculated in that way as well. 

Just curious your opinion. 

Yes. He’s done his research thoroughly. And I believe that there were substantial communications toward the end of last season. Initial stages. Gathering input and at the very least contact with coach’s agents. Trev has had a pretty good idea who his main targets have been for some while. 

• Fire 1

28 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Yes. He’s done his research thoroughly. And I believe that there were substantial communications toward the end of last season. Initial stages. Gathering input and at the very least contact with coach’s agents. Trev has had a pretty good idea who his main targets have been for some while. 

As I was told, if that’s the case, then why did he waste $ hiring a search firm? 

24 minutes ago, Slow yer Roll said:

He's either deions mom, or wife.

If not,  he's just a weird dude that wants to make deion some sandwiches. 

With hot takes like yours, you may want to check your username...

On 9/22/2022 at 8:38 AM, Slow yer Roll said:

I would rather float in the black abyss of failure.......for eternity.......than have to look at a grown a$$ middle aged man wearing a flat brim hat.

You're consistent, I'll give you that.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

As I was told, if that’s the case, then why did he waste $ hiring a search firm? 

The Athletic ($) has an article about coaching searches, and one of the main benefits of a firm is they can arrange neutral site interviews with a much smaller chance of the details getting out. They had another article a couple years ago about search firms specifically, and in a lot of cases they don't bring up candidates they just facilitate.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Well, just because Trev had already done a ton of homework, that doesn't make a search firm unnecessary. They do a lot more than just identify candidates. That may not even be their primary role. Based on his comments at the press conference, it seemed like he'd given it a whole lot more than 24 hours thought since firing Frost. He was pretty specific on what we should expect and what he was looking for. So, yeah...probably somewhere between "he already had his guy" and "he planned to get to work on it Monday" :lol:

• Fire 1