Who should our next HC be?

19 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So he told you that personally??:dunno

I could take a lot of cold for a lot of $$$s

This is known from his playing days and he has stated that when he was on broadcasts before. He definitely is NOTa fan of cold weather. But, as stated $$$ can but warmth…problem is, Prime isn’t hurting for $$ and won’t be for a long time regardless of his coaching career, so $$ won’t talk as loudly as with other candidates.

14 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Unfortunately many people still view Deion as flashy, arrogant, showboating. They haven't seen his transformation and don't care to. All they know is they don't care for him.

Yup. Throw Lane Kiffin in that light as well. He was one of the youngest head coaches ever and paid his dues. People still judge him from the past and some immature behavior, when he has clearly turned the corner from his past mistakes. His twitter game is fire and he has a rushing attack that is running as effectively as a service academy school this season. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Yeah, I haven't denied both Urban's and Deion's question marks. They each have them just like every other choice. I'm simply pointing out that they are two of the top candidates (among several others), so they are going to be discussed, both here and outside of here.

It is the manner the two are discussed that put people off. Very little objectivity and often dismissive when an opposing viewpoint is brought up. Too many definitives used when discussing them as well.

And if trev were to hire coach prime, he better bring the goat because the defense needs gap coverage.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I said from the beginning that we need a big-name hire who can lure top talent to Lincoln, and was shot down and was told that recruiting and name value are overrated. It's shocking how many people are content with a safe, middle-of-the-road, lame duck, plain Jane vanilla hire who will never get them to the top of the mountain... content with being on the level of Iowa and Minnesota and Iowa State. How sad is that.

Couldnt agree more, that is the exact reason why we need to sell our soul for urban

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

Yup. Throw Lane Kiffin in that light as well. He was one of the youngest head coaches ever and paid his dues. People still judge him from the past and some immature behavior, when he has clearly turned the corner from his past mistakes. His twitter game is fire and he has a rushing attack that is running as effectively as a service academy school this season. 

Again, moving from Ole Miss to Nebraska would be a step down and make no sense

33 minutes ago, desertshox said:

It is the manner the two are discussed that put people off. Very little objectivity and often dismissive when an opposing viewpoint is brought up. Too many definitives used when discussing them as well.

"Very little objectivity, often dismissive, and too many definitives" from which side? Those opposing or those for? I've admitted Urban has ethics question marks and Deion has lack of P5 coaching question marks. Everything outside of that has been fairly objective from those for hiring them.

And if trev were to hire coach prime, he better bring the goat because the defense needs gap coverage.

Deion is the Goat when it comes to corners. Who are you hoping he brings with him?

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Again, moving from Ole Miss to Nebraska would be a step down and make no sense

While this may end up being accurate, my point being some people don't want him here because of his personality. That's insane to me. That's why I commented on your point about Deion. If Lane Kiffin or Deion wanted to coach here they are no brainers. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1