Who should our next HC be?

20 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

I get it alot of the fan base participates in military cosplay. Monken sucks he plays an extremely soft schedule and still manages to lose to teams like Uconn & Ball State. You can't run the option today, linebackers run like WRs & Safeties have range of the whole field. Way different story in the 90s. 

Bullcrap. Navy just beat ranked UCF with FAR inferior athletes. Air Force was bowl eligible a month ago. Army just beat up bowl eligible UConn. The service academies can't really recruit, yet have won 11 games multiple seasons the last decade. What we've tried to do the last 20 years doesn't work. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
21 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yeah I just think that if you play a great defense that can defend the option your screwed bc you really don't have much else to lean on to try to move the ball to get yards.

If anyone plays a great defense, they struggle to move the ball. Defenses today aren't built to stop power option football. They're built to stop the spread. 

What I wouldn't give to play bully-ball against conference opponents again instead of patty-cake and getting pushed around...

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Bullcrap. Navy just beat ranked UCF with FAR inferior athletes. Air Force was bowl eligible a month ago. Army just beat up bowl eligible UConn. The service academies can't really recruit, yet have won 11 games multiple seasons the last decade. What we've tried to do the last 20 years doesn't work. 

I think we know where the load of crap is coming from that brought us these west coast disaster teams. They have nothing to back up what they say.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

So what's your point? They don't suck..........or we should consider them either way I dont give a damn lmao. Jk of course :lol:

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So what's your point? They don't suck..........or we should consider them either way I dont give a damn lmao. Jk of course :lol:

Monken or Calhoun would bring the Nebraska brand of football back very quickly 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

If anyone plays a great defense, they struggle to move the ball. Defenses today aren't built to stop power option football. They're built to stop the spread. 

What I wouldn't give to play bully-ball against conference opponents again instead of patty-cake and getting pushed around...

That's true with your first part but defenses aren't built to stop the option bc coaches have figured out the way to stop it. Once coaches figure how to stop a certain offenses they move to the next? 

5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's true with your first part but defenses aren't built to stop the option bc coaches have figured out the way to stop it. Once coaches figure how to stop a certain offenses they move to the next? 

The good thing about the Flexbone is that while the option is the main feature, there are several other ways to counter and attack defenses, especially with play-action. The safeties everyone is raving about coming screaming toward the LOS, and a wing or TE is wide open behind them