Who should our next HC be?

6 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

You honestly think that if Nebraska went back to bully ball with the option we be winning? Those coaches you named would bring us back from the blink of disaster, I certainly don't think so not at all. 

Absolutely I do. We have NEVER landed a kid that ended up as a first round QB or WR. We never will. 

Well, I'll qualify that - if we got Urban, maybe. 

Since Pedey pulled that trigger in 03, how many coaches tried to recruit how many QBs and receivers, and what has been the result. Why do we keep trying different spread/passing offenses when we can't recruit for it? What if we had a coach that told Benhart to drive block most plays? I think he could do it. 

Wouldn't it be nice to push other teams around instead of getting pushed around?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

No, I'm not being sarcastic at all. That offense would destroy the BIG. I personally would switch it up once in a while to throw more passes out of the shotgun, but that was done regularly in Solich's pro offense;.. not really reinventing the wheel.
I think we've been sold a load of crap with this scissor draw garbage. AG gets 8ypc...6 behind the line. :lol:
The main requirement would be that we would prioritize the line as #1.

Did my heart good to see Wisky line up with 2 backs in the backfield and a little I formation.  Again, another reason why I am high on Chadwell.  His O would be very interesting to watch against the B1G.

44 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Watch Schlesinger block for the pass.

Beast mode activated!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, lo country said:

Did my heart good to see Wisky line up with 2 backs in the backfield and a little I formation.  Again, another reason why I am high on Chadwell.  His O would be very interesting to watch against the B1G.

And yet Wisky managed a whole 15 points vs a bad defense with some pretty good HBs, and both TDs scored by the QB. I dont understand where yall are seeing a good p5 offense that runs what yall want and having actual success on offense with it. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

And yet Wisky managed a whole 15 points vs a bad defense with some pretty good HBs, and both TDs scored by the QB. I dont understand where yall are seeing a good p5 offense that runs what yall want and having actual success on offense with it. 

How much success are we having?

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

You honestly think that if Nebraska went back to bully ball with the option we be winning? Those coaches you named would bring us back from the blink of disaster, I certainly don't think so not at all. 

Let's see, as TO's offense we won 3 national titles.. since we went to a spread Flexbone (Solich, who also managed to reach the NC game) the West Coast (Callahan who reached the Big 12 championship), the "option" RPO (Pelini who again reached the conference championship in both the Big 12 and 10) and since well... we've tried a pro set (Riley) and a gimmick rpo (frost) that both achieved nothing.. So, if we can't recruit the rpo/west coast style offenses that tOSU, Georgia, Alabama, USC, Oregon and every other high population state universities run then maybe just maybe we might want to reconsider the only style of offense that has worked. A style that is run first with both power and finesse (the option) and a mobile QB that can run a true rpo. (Meaning moves forward with the back rather than is stationary waiting for the DE to crash.)

Personally, I'd rather us return to the Pelini offense and win with great defense. I don't think Rhule is that coach but I do think Urban would be. I also like either of the academy coaches and the one actual inside source I know (son is a current player) commented to me that MJ believes the only offense that will work for us to have success is a modernized option offense. When I asked what that is he (the players dad) said the changes in blocking rules have virtually eliminated the ability to run a pure option so you run more of an rpo style out of both a single back and 2 back set with the second back often in motion as a counter direction play.

I've said it over and over.. I'm a novice fan so that's kind of over my head.. I'm sure there's people here who could better explain it but the point is, the current player told his dad that MJ, if hired, would run a modernized rpo.

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, lo country said:

Beast mode activated!

I am a football coach who is definitely a run a run first guy and I absolutely love teams that will pound it down your throat…now, with that said Wiscy is typically a good example, but yesterday, they barely scored 15 pts against a really bad defense. Add in a Mobile qb who has a group of great TE… then yes

• Plus1 3

38 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I'd like an offense that is dedicated to getting a RB 25 touches a game.  One the has the ability to do traps, counters and draws to counter an aggressive DL ie anyone that NU faces.  Use a 2 back set to run this. Allow another blocker on passing downs.  A lead blocker when we are up 14-3 to get us 2 yards.  And not every down.  I am a HUGE fan of the triple option.  BUT that was simply another wrinkle for TO's scheme.  Have we used the RB on a toss sweep once this year?  Tried to do anything (even under Frost) to counter the DL or push?  A creative running game, which Whip is incapable of calling, would do wonders.  PA, roll the QB out to pass or on a designed RPO.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
31 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

How did i get sucked into this nonsense with yall again. One team not having success does not negate any other number of schools having success.  Meanwhile you still have 0 examples of what yall want actually working.

We haven't had success since 1999. When we were a power-option team. Boom.