Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

True but in the end result matter look at SF. Yes great he got to 5-0 but we as husker fans who don't want him figured Kansas wasn't going to sustain the success bc of stiffer competition and look what is happening.

NU would have gone 5-0 against KU’s first five opponents. 

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

True but in the end result matter look at SF. Yes great he got to 5-0 but we as husker fans who don't want him figured Kansas wasn't going to sustain the success bc of stiffer competition and look what is happening.

Not completely wrong, but anyone who thought KU was going to end up run the table or get 8-9 wins was delusional. Most of the talking heads recognized that their ceiling was probably 6-7…. and if they don’t lose their starting QB, who knows??? I am not saying Leipold should be the guy, but calling him a choke artists at this point, playing 2 of 3 on the road, starting QB out, underdog each time, and literally had a chance to win….. is a completely asinine assessment 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Ok dude wtf are you smoking. We lost to a terrible NW and Georgia Southern team. No just no, and that doesnt even count in the massive talent difference between us and them. 

Tennessee Tech, Duke, Iowa State, West Virginia, and Houston isn’t murderers row. 

5 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Duke literally beat Northwestern

*Maybe not 5-0, but 3-2 at worst would be NU’s record against those cream puffs. Beating those teams doesn’t make Leipold special. I’m just saying NU would look okay against those five teams too. I have to remind myself of how crappy NU is.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, husker009 said:

KU has very limited depth. That’s something Leipold should have fixed by now.

the year that he was hired to coach Kansas he did not have spring ball with them and the recruiting class was done and signed.

so he has had 1 recruiting class and 1 spring football with the team. pretty damn good to be where they are now.

the Tennessee Tech type game is a game Kansas has lost in the past with regularity.

i don't necessarily want Lance as  our next head coach but to say he should be doing better and should have things fixed at the absolute worst fbs program is a monumental reach of a take.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, chamrocck said:

IMO, there will be a new HC and MJ will be part of that staff going forward. Anything less than this is a failure by Trev. 

Gonna be tough to retain him… likely will have to make him one of the highest-paid assistants in the country. Others will be courting him. Coleman’s announcement today will reveal a lot. If he chooses us, that tells me he believes that Mickey will be back next year. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Gonna be tough to retain him… likely will have to make him one of the highest-paid assistants in the country. Others will be courting him. 

True, but I feel like with him it’s not just about the money, but also relationships. Obviously money speaks (we easily have the money to keep him), but MJ recruiting all of these prospects to NU and building trust with them and their families has to impact his decision. I think with the quality and amount of relationships built that he would stay more so bc of that than money.