Who should our next HC be?

29 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Yes, there are things called interview processes and negotiations. You don’t hand over millions of dollars and the keys to the program to someone that doesn’t align with what you want. No one we are considering right now has earned that right. I would argue Brian Kelly botched it at LSU letting MJ walk. 

Urban is the only one out there who has earned that right to take MJ off the table. I don’t think we are getting Urban but he is the only one I’d remove MJ if you can actually secure a deal with Urb. He has earned that right to call his own shots. If Leipold and Campbell come in and don’t retain MJ, that would be a huge failure and I think I’d bet all day the fanbase would agree and make it loudly known. Trev is not stupid to walk into that mutiny from day one.

Dictating to head coaches which assistant coaches they need to keep is a good way of limiting your pool of potential head coaches and it’s a terrible way of running an athletic department. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Dictating to head coaches which assistant coaches they need to keep is a good way of limiting your pool of potential head coaches and it’s a terrible way of running an athletic department. 

Amen…. As much as I would like to have MJ stay if not the HC, it would be a HORRIBLE tactic by Trev to dictate who the new guy HAS to keep. It isn’t how you run a good program . In addition, MJ isn’t going to stay to be WR Coach or recruiting coordinator. He isn’t taking that step backwards to stay here. This means anyone coming in would have to run the type of offense that MJ is an expert on and can coach (not time for a training year), or a coach who is willing to let MJ be associate HC.  Unless the new guy has a history with MJ, that is a lot to demand of any Coach worth his salt.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

FYI: Baylor beating Kansas 28-23 with just over five minutes left. KU was down by 28-3 at half, comeback led by backup QB (starter still hurt)

Aranda should have kicked a field goal, but Kansas is a decent team (5-2 record). A lot of what I’m seeing is poor execution by Baylor. They lost a lot of experience from last year, so it does not surprise me.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, husker009 said:

Aranda should have kicked a field goal, but Kansas is a decent team (5-2 record). A lot of what I’m seeing is poor execution by Baylor. They lost a lot of experience from last year, so it does not surprise me.

Something I noticed in box score... KU rush:pass ratio is 22:23. Baylor's is 54:26

KU also has some nice baby blue jerseys

4 minutes ago, husker009 said:

Hmm... sounds like same things we excused SF for. (yes, I'm guilty of that) I'm not guilty however of referring to Aranda as an elite HC nor was I guilty of calling Frost that. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Hmm... sounds like same things we excused SF for. (yes, I'm guilty of that) I'm not guilty however of referring to Aranda as an elite HC nor was I guilty of calling Frost that. 

Baylor won the game anyway. That’s what clutch teams do. Baylor overcame an entire half of crappy play to win against a 5-2 team. When was the last time NU did that?