Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

We had a whole thread on that case when it went down in 2018:

Urban Meyer knew about domestic abuse going on in his shop, and he failed to report it. He violated university policy and violated his contract. It wasn't the same as the atrocities at Penn State, Baylor, or Michigan State, but there is a commonality: he knew something and failed to report it. That is what happened in those other cases, when reporting could have prevented additional harm being done.

You are either ignorant to what actually happened in this case, or worse, you do know and you just don't care. Given your insane rants in this thread over the past few days, I am going with the latter. It appears that you are not only willing to excuse inappropriate and/or abusive behavior, but you are actually condoning it as well. In addition to other things we have seen about Meyer since this case unfolded, it is clear that he is a horrible person. 

Based on your rationalization of his behavior, your obvious shilling for Urban Meyer, your whataboutism with other coaches, and your various disgusting comments over the past few days, I can only conclude that you are also a horrible person and should never ever be involved in any hiring or personnel decisions.

Thanks. 

I’ve dealt with many disgusting individuals. There’s quite a wide variety of them. The severity is on a spectrum. There are too many red flags with Meyer.

To be fair to Urban’s supporters, many don’t have a good understanding of this sort of thing and have been fortunate to have not experienced it. He’s plenty shady and demonstrate considerable deception. I can say that with certainty.

It’s best that Urban Meyer remains in broadcasting away from student athletes.

Finally a word on the nastiness of coaches. Yes, most are very narcissistic. Some are truly narcissists. The two shouldn’t be confused. 

Like good teachers and other professionals, some can be viewed as a-holes. That’s usually associated with their demanding nature, standards and a desire for excellence. It isn’t abusive or neglectful in any way.

There are others having mental pathologies that are dangerous to those they associate and do great harm in a wide variety of ways. Some are very covert with their actions hiding their conduct well. 

It disgusts me when these sorts are defended. I detest these perpetrators immensely.

We are not talking about expecting people to be perfect absent having any “skeletons”. I’m referring to patterns of behaviors. How a person typically conducts themselves.  Not isolated incidences where there is reflection on one’s actions and genuine remorse.

There are good coaches that don’t have dangerous personality characteristics. And fewer that do. There is no reason or justification for enlisting a person of highly questionable character.

Edited by M.A.
  • Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, husker009 said:

So I’m terrible for acknowledging reality that football is a dirty game and the elite programs are typically dirty? Is that not true? Sports, like anything else that involves money, usually is filled with shady business. If you don’t like my opinions, you have the freedom to scroll past my comments and not subject yourself to them since they seem to make you miserable. Like you, I have the freedom to voice my opinion. Anyone who believes sports is clean is living in an alternate reality.

No your just cynical!

2 hours ago, Enhance said:

2) The narrative that Frost was a “fan choice” hire is disingenuous and inaccurate at best. If you rewind to 2017, he was one of it not the biggest HC candidates as that season went along. Both Florida and Tennessee had him on their shortlists; in fact, most reports at the time had him as THE primary candidate for both those jobs in addition to Nebraska.

Why can't it be both? The SF mega thread here at the time showed he was almost the unanimous choice among these hardcore fans. Sure, there were few dissenters, but not many. But he was also almost universally praised by the media and sought after by other top schools. I know I was all for him at the time.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Why can't it be both? The SF mega thread here at the time showed he was almost the unanimous choice among these hardcore fans. Sure, there were few dissenters, but not many. But he was also almost universally praised by the media and sought after by other top schools. I know I was all for him at the time.

I personally agree with you - it can be both. It was both.

But, that's not what was posited by Lennyn, whom categorically stated it was a "fan choice" hire.

16 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I personally agree with you - it can be both. It was both.

But, that's not what was posited by Lennyn, whom categorically stated it was a "fan choice" hire.

Sorry, I missed that. I can't and don't try to keep up with this thread. Just catch a few posts here and there.

I will say although I fully supported him, when I watched a few his final games at UCF there were a few times I questioned some of the game and especially time management decisions but they kept on winning so I thought "WTF do I know".

12 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Another speculative name...

8 hours ago, McGuillotine said:

Drew P Johnson huh.... LMAO

Before y'all spam the board with rando's tweets, take 10 seconds to look at the twitter account and think to yourself "is this fake or real?"

It's no wonder this country is in the shape its in when a good chunk of the population believes whatever random s#!t they see in the internets.

• TBH 1
2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Before y'all spam the board with rando's tweets, take 10 seconds to look at the twitter account and think to yourself "is this fake or real?"

It's no wonder this country is in the shape its in when a good chunk of the population believes whatever random s#!t they see in the internets.

I get it...with social media there are tons of rumors and speculation. Just sharing what is out there. I do not believe much of what is put on twitter and would venture to guess most of the speculation in this thread is unfounded. 

• Plus1 1