Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, husker009 said:

He won a conference title in his second year at BAYLOR. Aranda would have by far the best resume of any coach NU has hired in the last 20 years. What has Mickey proven other than he can beat Indiana and Rutgers (two terrible teams). The only two teams with a pulse he’s played, he’s lost. 

and this year, he's 3-3 with 2 of his wins coming over G5 teams while losing the powerhouse programs like WV & BYU... yet to you he's elite. Hmm..... 3-3 equates to elite, someone's pushing "their" agenda as much as they accuse others as pushing theirs.. What's the old saying "pot calling the kettle black", is that right?

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3

1 minute ago, Loebarth said:

and this year, he's 3-3 with 2 of his wins coming over G5 teams while losing the powerhouse programs like WV & BYU... yet to you he's elite. Hmm..... 3-3 equates to elite, someone's pushing "their" agenda as much as they accuse others as pushing theirs.. What's the old saying "pot calling the kettle black", is that right?

How many Baylor coaches have won a conference title there in just their second season? He also won the Sugar Bowl.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, LennynSquiggy said:

Scott Frost won big in his second season at UCF also, what's your point?

Aranda did it at the Power 5 level. The Big 12 was stacked with good teams last year and he ended up winning it. Baylor played an 11-1 Okie State team in their conference title game and won. Frost played nobody at UCF during the regular season. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, LennynSquiggy said:

Frost beat Auburn.

But he played no one with a pulse in the regular season. The Big 12 may not be the best conference, but it is miles better than the AAC. Baylor played elite offenses every week and their defense held its own for the most part.

• Haha 2
41 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

What do you mean by this?  Only Urban is allowed to name his own coaching staff?

Yes, there are things called interview processes and negotiations. You don’t hand over millions of dollars and the keys to the program to someone that doesn’t align with what you want. No one we are considering right now has earned that right. I would argue Brian Kelly botched it at LSU letting MJ walk. 

Urban is the only one out there who has earned that right to take MJ off the table. I don’t think we are getting Urban but he is the only one I’d remove MJ if you can actually secure a deal with Urb. He has earned that right to call his own shots. If Leipold and Campbell come in and don’t retain MJ, that would be a huge failure and I think I’d bet all day the fanbase would agree and make it loudly known. Trev is not stupid to walk into that mutiny from day one.

• Haha 5