Who should our next HC be?

If y'all hate Matt Campbell so much, I don't get the love for Mark Stoops.  Stoops is the SECs version of Campbell, aka guy doing a good job at a historically bad football school.

Stoops has 2 winning conference seasons in 9 seasons.  He's only finished ranked twice in 9 seasons.  He's 5-27 vs ranked teams.  He's 16-44 against teams with winning records.  He makes a living beating low level FBS teams, FCS teams, and the Vandy's of the world.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

This movie was only a few weeks old the last time NU won it all. Urban is the only one that could change this harsh fact. None of the names mentioned by Sipple will come close to doing it. Oddly enough, this movie is an accurate reflection of NU football's current state. A large majority of NU fans were Rose, Scott Frost was Jack, and NU football is the Titanic. It seemed like the perfect relationship. The fans got a player from the 90s, meaning that they would worship him and Frosty could get away with bare-minimum expectations. Then, the disaster known as one-score losses occurred on a frequent basis. Frosty tried to get on the piece of wood with the fans, but Georgia Southern was occupying one-half of it. This forced the fans to, through many tears and excuses, let Frosty go into the darkness of a $15 million buyout. The program is currently sinking because the Frosty love fest lasted a year longer than it should have. Trev could be the Carpathia (rescue ship) or he could end up being the iceberg if he hires Mickey on top of deciding to keep Frosty after a 3-9 season. Don't let Mickey be the new Jack, Trev.

titanic.webp

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I get it...with social media there are tons of rumors and speculation. Just sharing what is out there. I do not believe much of what is put on twitter and would venture to guess most of the speculation in this thread is unfounded. 

Yeah but there is a big difference between speculative rumors and purposively made troll accounts :rollin

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

If y'all hate Matt Campbell so much, I don't get the love for Mark Stoops.  Stoops is the SECs version of Campbell, aka guy doing a good job at a historically bad football school.

Stoops has 2 winning conference seasons in 9 seasons.  He's only finished ranked twice in 9 seasons.  He's 5-27 vs ranked teams.  He's 16-44 against teams with winning records.  He makes a living beating low level FBS teams, FCS teams, and the Vandy's of the world.

If I were to guess, the apparent love is name recognition.  If the coach at Kentucky was Paul Carroll and related to Pete, well then....  

37 minutes ago, husker009 said:

This movie was only a few weeks old the last time NU won it all. Urban is the only one that could change this harsh fact. None of the names mentioned by Sipple will come close to doing it. Oddly enough, this movie is an accurate reflection of NU football's current state. A large majority of NU fans were Rose, Scott Frost was Jack, and NU football is the Titanic. In the end, the fans had to, through many tears and excuses, let Frosty go into the darkness of a $15 million buyout. The program is currently sinking because the Frost love fest lasted a year longer than it should have. Trev could be the Carpathia (rescue ship) or he could end up being the iceberg if he hires Mickey on top of deciding to keep Frost after a 3-9 season. Don't let Mickey be the new Jack, Trev.

titanic.webp

Can I get tomorrow's powerball numbers?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

41 minutes ago, husker009 said:

This movie was only a few weeks old the last time NU won it all. Urban is the only one that could change this harsh fact. None of the names mentioned by Sipple will come close to doing it. Oddly enough, this movie is an accurate reflection of NU football's current state. A large majority of NU fans were Rose, Scott Frost was Jack, and NU football is the Titanic. It seemed like the perfect relationship. The fans got a player from the 90s, meaning he could no wrong and Frosty could get away with bare minimum expectations. Then, the disaster known as one-score losses occurred on a frequent basis. In the end, the fans had to, through many tears and excuses, let Frosty go into the darkness of a $15 million buyout. The program is currently sinking because the Frost love fest lasted a year longer than it should have. Trev could be the Carpathia (rescue ship) or he could end up being the iceberg if he hires Mickey on top of deciding to keep Frost after a 3-9 season. Don't let Mickey be the new Jack, Trev.

titanic.webp

I guess...

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, husker009 said:

I guess playing Purdue close and getting destroyed by Oklahoma along with a 2-2 record qualifies someone to be a head coach at NU according to most of our fans. 

Smh. he took over a team that basically quit on it's head coach. He relates to them and has them playing much better. Head coach? Not sure. But your statement is ridiculous  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

How about a younger up and coming coordinator currently in the NFL?  There are a lot of impressive coaches in the NFL that are learning from the best.  Make sure to keep Mickey Joseph for sure though.

On 9/21/2022 at 9:06 PM, Huskerfollower4life said:

You know that if Colorado is paying any attention to the Cornhuskers search and they see this you know they will definitely try to bring him back home to Colorado. For me I understand he has been and won at the highest level as their oc but my only thinking would be who would he bring along for his coaching staff and what type of defense would he run? That would be a site to behold if you could get him. 

ink Mickey Joseph is the same, kids would run through a brick wall for him also, yet Mickey fits the Nebraska culture much better.

7 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Once the new coach is announced,  there will be a lot of drinking.  The suicide hot line will also be on high alert.  Reading this thread tells me that there will be alot of upset husker fans.

A spike in domestic abuse and social altercations is quite possible as well once a few are struck with the reality that they aren’t in control of everything. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Red Five said:

Doesn't matter. He's not leaving there; he's got it made. Low expectations and fans are happy with 8-win seasons. Also sells his bourbon which does quite well. 

6 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

"On another note - was I right about..."

"Trust me - I live in South Louisiana and I'm very familiar with MJ."

"This is exactly why I said..."

"Which is exactly why I said in the very beginning that ..."

"It has nothing to do with "validation" -- it has to do with the point that I called for it, literally minutes before it happened."

"I made the call last night right before he came in the game and started making plays. Why is it so hard for some of you to give props to fellow Husker fans?"

"Nothing new. I said the same thing back when Riley was hired and people laughed and told me what a great hire he was and how I was in denial and how his past players all loved him and how he'd excel with all of our extra resources."

"and again I was laughed at and told I was in denial"

"Some of the same folks who told me in I was in denial last year when I said...  are now in here saying the exact same things I was saying then."

"I said from the start we need a..."

"I’ve been ridiculed from the beginning for saying we need a ..."

No need to pretend that your clownish main character syndrome isn't readily on display for everyone to see.

Wow bro - I can't believe you actually took the time to do that. It's almost creepy... but hey, you helped to prove my point, so thanks (I guess?)

You could've saved yourself a lot of time and effort with a much easier solution...

tumblr_inline_n9ub41oAnp1qdgmu3.gif

• TBH 2