Who should our next HC be?

Just now, LennynSquiggy said:

According to Smith's wife, Urban was told about the abuse and did nothing. I'm not ok with that and I think it's kind of telling that you are still making excuses for Urban.

Heck, you even made an excuse for Paterno just now. That seems, disgusting.

What I was saying is that Urban has nothing but allegations to work with. They could be right or wrong. Regarding Paterno, I’m not defending him. If anything, I’m further indicting him. I’m saying that Sandusky had alluded to his pedophile behavior to Paterno and he still did nothing about it until a national uproar occurred.

Just now, husker009 said:

What I was saying is that Urban has nothing but allegations to work with. They could be right or wrong. Regarding Paterno, I’m not defending him. If anything, I’m further indicting him. I’m saying that Sandusky had alluded to his pedophile behavior to Paterno and he still did nothing about it until a national uproar occurred.

If coaches are mandated by law to report abuse then Urban's silence is not only a moral issue but a legal one as well. 

As far as the part I bolded. Wow....just wow.

2 hours ago, talaricohusker said:

you know he was born and raised in neb right? I think that if he were to come here he would stay 

lol, yah he was "raised" here alright.  I guess living here until you're 1.5 qualifies as spending the bulk of your adolescence and childhood here.  You know, they say you really are who you are as a person by the time you turn 18 months old.  Your surroundings and location at that point pretty much mold and direct who you are as a person for the rest of your life

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, presidentjlh said:

I don't want Urban, and I am of the mind that Trev doesn't want the program to deal with the headache that would come with hiring him either.

I agree and I am sure that eliminates Lane as well, regardless of my feelings on him. I am under the assumption Trev wants a clean press conference when the candidate is announced with no negative energy simmering in the background of the new HC. I think that's part of Trev's comment about  "Not winning the press conference"

• Fire 1

47 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

Been listing to 93.7 the ticket and just about every talking head is saying if it Trev don’t hire Micky he shouldn’t be AD. Lots of callers are saying they will give up being a season ticket holder if Micky isn’t named head man 

Well that sounds like the same Frost Mania back in 2017.   As much as we like MJ, he would be just as much - if not more of a novice HC as Frost was back then - With that said, I think MJ has the better character and aptitude for the job based on what we've seen from Frost and what we've seen from MJ the past month . 

49 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Don't overlook PJ Fleck in all of this....

I would like to. 

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

As much as we like MJ, he would be just as much - if not more of a novice HC as Frost was back then

There's plenty of room for learning legitimate skills in head coaching, but at the end of the day you either have it or you don't and your amount of experience doesn't really answer if you do.

6 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

I agree no reason for it to be about that but you know there are some people that will make it about that 

It will be brought up because posters like you choose to bring up something to distract from the obvious reasons we shouldn't hire him.  I like MJ but he is not qualified to be the head coach here at Nebraska, yet.  Saying the first AD in Nebraska history to place a black head coach in charge will be in hot water for not hiring him full time is just plain ridiculous.