Why the Indiana game will inform the rest of the season.

huskerfan74

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I read they had to skip a week since they got extra time pre Dublin.  Maybe I’m 

miataken but ???

They get 5 total practices during the 2 weeks between Oklahoma and Indiana, due to the extra week zero practices we had.  Players still get workouts, trainers, and film study on non practice days.

I think hcMJ said two actual practices last week, and 3 this week in presser last Tuesday.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

We have way more issues on defense than the line. This game wish show is what changes on D Mickey is wanting to make. It might not totally click yet. But, hopefully enough to win. 

Sure there are other issue but they pale in comparison to how bad the D line has been. In a league of massive offensive lines and solid running backs. That gets you b!^@h slapped almost every game.

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Sure there are other issue but they pale in comparison to how bad the D line has been. In a league of massive offensive lines and solid running backs. That gets you b!^@h slapped almost every game.

I’m not saying out D line was good or great.  But, when you look at the scheme flaws we were running, literally there were plays where there was very little chance for them to succeed. 

48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m not saying out D line was good or great.  But, when you look at the scheme flaws we were running, literally there were plays where there was very little chance for them to succeed. 

Agreed. Chins was awful at that, but scheme is easier to fix than just not having dudes.

• Plus1 1

57 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, and people looking past the ineptitude of the linebackers who have been in position plenty of times to only whiff on tackles or who fill the wrong gaps seem to have a blind eye towards that position.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

I believe that this game is extremely important for player morale. If they see that their coach can lead them to victory, maybe (just maybe) enough players will believe in their coach’s ability to lead them and they will work harder the rest of the season. If they beat Indiana and then Purdue, who knows, maybe enough players start leading others and turning the tide. I know it is wishful thinking but I also know that if we lose to Indiana at home after two weeks of preparation then that seals a 1-11 or 2-10 season and mickey’s future. 

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Would you guys say that Mickey is the coach if we make a bowl game?

I will ask ths " If Frost would have made a bowl game (6-6) would he have been retained?  I think the same question could be asked of Mickey, Maybe?  I would like to assume that with a bowl game, Mickey would at least have serious consideration.  But it also depends on how that looks.  Is that 5 wins against Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, and Rutgers?  Or is that wins against Wisky, Iowa, Minny and Michigan and one of the others?  I can see a scenario where we keep getting better but don't win games against worse team early on, and beat the heavy hitters on our back end of the schedule.  I guess if your a Mickey fan your wanting us to beat Iowa and Wisky for sure and winning against the weaker competition along the way.  I don't know what teams are good and which are truly awful at this point........I thought Wisky was better than what they have shown, I thought Rutgers was better.....Now I think that the west will come down to Iowa and MInny

32 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I will ask ths " If Frost would have made a bowl game (6-6) would he have been retained?  I think the same question could be asked of Mickey, Maybe?  I would like to assume that with a bowl game, Mickey would at least have serious consideration.  But it also depends on how that looks.  Is that 5 wins against Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, and Rutgers?  Or is that wins against Wisky, Iowa, Minny and Michigan and one of the others?  I can see a scenario where we keep getting better but don't win games against worse team early on, and beat the heavy hitters on our back end of the schedule.  I guess if your a Mickey fan your wanting us to beat Iowa and Wisky for sure and winning against the weaker competition along the way.  I don't know what teams are good and which are truly awful at this point........I thought Wisky was better than what they have shown, I thought Rutgers was better.....Now I think that the west will come down to Iowa and MInny

Really? I think if Mickey gets this team to a bowl game he absolutely will be the coach. The one exception to that I would say would be if a coach like Aranda comes in and they both agree he would remain on the staff as OC/ASSOCIATE COACH

• Plus1 2