Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

38 minutes ago, Red Five said:

A) Phil Loadholt is the 2nd largest human being I have ever stood directly next to.  The 1st is Andre the Giant.

B) So Deion's new assistant coaching plan is just to hire guys from the NFL with no coaching experience?

Fwiw I definitely agree with you about Sapp. That looks like a disaster hire from the outside (have they made it official?). 

But it looks like Loadholt was interning under Bedenbaugh last year. I actually think that’s a really savvy hire given their resources - they weren’t likely to poach a great P5 coach so the next best thing is an up and comer who got some seasoning under one of the best OLine coaches out there.

We are still beating them in Lincoln next year though.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Fwiw I definitely agree with you about Sapp. That looks like a disaster hire from the outside (have they made it official?). 

But it looks like Loadholt was interning under Bedenbaugh last year. I actually think that’s a really savvy hire given their resources - they weren’t likely to poach a great P5 coach so the next best thing is an up and comer who got some seasoning under one of the best OLine coaches out there.

We are still beating them in Lincoln next year though.

I hate to admit it but I do like the Loadholt hire for the reasons you described. Bedenbaugh is an elite, elite OL coach.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

Knowing the season didn't end as intended, seeing the commercials for the Prime's Prime doc is pretty funny.

Here is the deal, Deion could end up because he is a 10+ in a few categories that make great coaches.  But is might be a 2 or a 3 in other areas.  He needs to move those to a 5 and find someone who can cover his weaknesses.  Seems to be surrounded by yes men.

• Fire 1