*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

9 minutes ago, Nowledge said:

Nebraska was outcoached, brutally. But the Klans er fans cannot admit this, for reasons that are "black and white." Only a truly great tackle by the NU DB prevented a touchdown on the exact trips-right drag route CU ran the week before. Did fatboy Ruhle even watch the film? Watch the Atlanta Falcons, who are running the ball in a league even more pass-happy than is the NCAA. Their QB is even more limited than Nebraska's.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3

23 minutes ago, Nowledge said:

Nebraska was outcoached, brutally. But the Klans er fans cannot admit this, for reasons that are "black and white." Only a truly great tackle by the NU DB prevented a touchdown on the exact trips-right drag route CU ran the week before. Did fatboy Ruhle even watch the film? Watch the Atlanta Falcons, who are running the ball in a league even more pass-happy than is the NCAA. Their QB is even more limited than Nebraska's.

your-attempt-at-l13pnd.jpg

• Plus1 4
24 minutes ago, Nowledge said:

So out coached.  I remember when I was coaching I coached my kids just to wait for unforced turnovers and everything will be alright.  

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

22 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

For those who thought that Dave Aranda took Baylor to new heights following Rhule’s departure, you all might want to see how Aranda is doing without Rhule’s players. 

Hey! They knocked off a tough Long Island University team......

They also played Utah tough:duel

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

And I just found out it was our former OC Tim Beck who's been the HC for Coastal Carolina's unexpected journey to relevance.  

Pretty sure this is Beck's 1st year there.  Their old coach (Chadwell) is now at I think Liberty?

And Joe Moglia was their coach before Chadwell.  

• TBH 5
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Moglia. Right. I remember him.

Misread Beck's resume. But he's had a pretty steady and generally upward career since leaving Nebraska. 

He got some big jobs, but neither OSU nor Texas were really thrilled with him. Actually got demoted from OC while at Texas - the OSU job was a big step up (albeit co-OC), but since then I'd argue it's trended downward until he got the Coastal job. But it seems to have all worked out, and after seeing what our offense has been I feel much more positively toward Beck than I did while he was here. 

A lot of people talk smack about Bo Pelini.  But if you go into one of the most important treatment centers in Lincoln for deeply  troubled youth you will see Bo Pelini's name on the wall as a donor toward that facility.  Did not see any of the other "nicer"coach's names there.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, nupowr said:

A lot of people talk smack about Bo Pelini.  But if you go into one of the most important treatment centers in Lincoln for deeply  troubled youth you will see Bo Pelini's name on the wall as a donor toward that facility.  Did not see any of the other "nicer"coach's names there.  

So he wrote a check...

???

I'm sure all of the coaches have made charitable contributions to various causes that they liked/believed it.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric unpinned this topic