OT Grant Brix

AlaSker

HuskerBoard Predictor  

41 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Brix commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Comish said:

Interesting that our 3 remaining top targets all reside  in the killer "B" alphabetical category. (Baker, Brix, Benning). Landing all 3 would seem destined to forever group them together in a remembered Cadre for better or worse. I'd love to land all three, but with all the surrounding uncertainties, I'd happily settle for 2 out of 3. Realistic shot or Wishful thinking?

2 out of 3 would be great, but landing Baker seems extremely unlikely. 

Nebraska is probably favored to get the other two.

10 hours ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

I heard on a podcast that a couple people thought it might be a few years before he is a big contributor.  Totally fine with it, but (fingers crossed) hoping this isn’t another Turner Corcoran situation.  Could you imagine if Turner had lived up to his potential how much better off this O-line would be.

Don't forget Lutovsky.  At this point you can add Prochazka in there as well.

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

I heard on a podcast that a couple people thought it might be a few years before he is a big contributor.  Totally fine with it, but (fingers crossed) hoping this isn’t another Turner Corcoran situation.  Could you imagine if Turner had lived up to his potential how much better off this O-line would be.

This should be considered the situation with almost every lineman that comes into the system.  But...what we need is, at some point, those linemen to become good after a couple years....which would allow guys like Brix to develop before we see him.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This should be considered the situation with almost every lineman that comes into the system.  But...what we need is, at some point, those linemen to become good after a couple years....which would allow guys like Brix to develop before we see him.

More specifically…OTs. OC/OG is taking some shape. Tackle not so much. 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

My hope is that Matt Rhule (based on his early pressers and him expressing how responsible he feels to bring Nebraska back to respectability) will make the necessary coaching changes if/when little to no development were to take place.  We got to get back to that in the worst way.

2 hours ago, Decked said:

More specifically…OTs. OC/OG is taking some shape. Tackle not so much. 

Is Brix a legit Tackle?  Still confused why Corcoran is at Tackle (I’m assuming lack of tackle depth) but he just comes off as a guard to me.  I’ve seen others State the same thing, but I don’t have a good enough football eye to convince myself of that! :lol:

1 hour ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

Is Brix a legit Tackle?  Still confused why Corcoran is at Tackle (I’m assuming lack of tackle depth) but he just comes off as a guard to me.  I’ve seen others State the same thing, but I don’t have a good enough football eye to convince myself of that! :lol:

Supposedly this is a weak class for OTs but Brix seems to be one 

16 hours ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

I believe the plan had been to slide Corcoran inside and have Walter Rouse hold down a tackle spot. If that is the case, Corcoran has been playing at tackle out of necessity, not because the staff intended for him to stay there. Rouse's decision really put us back as he would have undoubtedly made us better along the front line. 

• Mavric changed the title to OT Grant Brix
  • Mavric pinned this topic