Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

17 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth to fold the tents that fast.

There's the 'roll over and show your belly' UofM that M fans expect to see, and I mentioned earlier. I saw a post that the new M DB coach, Clicksdale, deleted his X account today. Maybe he is the staff member that knew what was going on.

22 minutes ago, commando said:

i wonder what the big 10 would have found if they continued their investigation.   seems harbaugh was glad to get that shut down.

Yep, this is about as light a penalty as possible that still seems like the conference did something and allows the conference to stop investigating. I said it before, if these are the consequences, then every school needs to hire a team to steal signals.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yep, this is about as light a penalty as possible that still seems like the conference did something and allows the conference to stop investigating. I said it before, if these are the consequences, then every school needs to hire a team to steal signals.

Totally agree.

This is a parent looking the other way when their kid is being a jacka$$ because they don't want to "deal with it" at the moment.  

• TBH 3

21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Totally agree.

This is a parent looking the other way when their kid is being a jacka$$ because they don't want to "deal with it" at the moment.  

Exactly.

And because it would also show what a poor parent they are. Both sides want it off the headlines ASAP and they both know the results of investigating further will bring only more embarrassment and more stuff neither wants to deal with.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 2

Surprise, league turns a blind eye when favorite son goes corrupt. This stinks and everyone can smell it. Is there a way both Michigan and Ohio State can be knocked out of the playoff. I don’t care to see either make it. Maybe I would allow tOSU so they can get whacked. If UM wins out you will never hear the end of it from their fanbase. 

4 hours ago, commando said:

i wonder what the big 10 would have found if they continued their investigation.   seems harbaugh was glad to get that shut down.

Heard this is only stopping the BigTen investigation, the NCAA is still looking into this. Potentially more things could come from this.

• Plus1 1

I have heard a lot of takes on why M rolled over. My favorite so far is Harbaugh is going to the NFL anyway. Second, the board of regents did and end around and settled. The one below seems the most plausible. They likely would no longer win the TRO or never would have. 

The good news for M is that if they do win out, it looks worse on Day, Harbaugh will get handed a trophy by the Pettiti, and the prognosticators will swoon about how these kids over came adversity and won without Stalions, signals or Harbaugh. Try and control what you can. 

• Plus1 1
On 11/15/2023 at 11:10 PM, Mavric said:

Can't read the article but apparently they found something:

Here's what I would like to know.  One of two things happened to start doing this:

1) Stalions came up with this great scheme to steel signs.  He perfected it, then marketed the idea to Michigan, Michigan jumped on it and allowed him in.

or.

2) Michigan came up with this scheme, hired Stalions to come in, learn it, fund him and got him started.

I'd love to know which way it went.  For some reason, I lean towards #1....which isn't doesn't make Michigan any more innocent.

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Surprise, league turns a blind eye when favorite son goes corrupt. This stinks and everyone can smell it. Is there a way both Michigan and Ohio State can be knocked out of the playoff. I don’t care to see either make it. Maybe I would allow tOSU so they can get whacked. If UM wins out you will never hear the end of it from their fanbase. 

Just another example of the corruption that is the B1G

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1