** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

On 7/20/2023 at 2:26 PM, Undone said:

Good call and good stat there. I'd guess we had fewer runs last year than in 2021, but that stat would still probably reflect a greatly reduced "fumbles lost per carry," if that makes sense.

Part of it was probably just not having the QB run. Love 2AM, but he could be the most un-clutch guy you ever saw. (A better supporting cast that didn't require so many heroics from him would've done him a world of good.)

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, Toe said:

The media might be giving Deion a lot of hype, but this says a lot about what they actually expect...

LrsSAD5.jpg

I know Coach Smith went to OSU and I know WE were told that it is basically Kosovo and that no one could ever win games in Kosovallis but I have to think if he gets 9 wins this year...he might bolt

No idea what jobs will open up but and he is getting paid close to 5 million a year so it might be hard to pull him out.  But I would imagine there will be some offers coming his way.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, huskerfan702 said:

I think this is what the majority expected. Idk how this is saying much of anything 

It says that CU might be the most talked about most hyped team ever predicted to finish 2nd to last in their conference ever. But you’re right, we already knew this.

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

26 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

It says that CU might be the most talked about most hyped team ever predicted to finish 2nd to last in their conference ever. But you’re right, we already knew this.

Oh you mean like 2019 when we started the year ranked because frost was an offensive guru who was gonna takeover the BIG

1 hour ago, huskerfan702 said:

Oh you mean like 2019 when we started the year ranked because frost was an offensive guru who was gonna takeover the BIG

Do you actually think that even begins to approach the talk and ink that’s been spilled on Sanders?

And that isn’t even the same thing. The people currently overhyping CU are the same people picking them to suck. At least the talk around Frost was from people who thought he might actually do something. They were just wrong.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

18 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I think we all fully expect this experiment to fail horribly.....but what if it doesn't.  Ideas that change industries dramatically are often ridiculed intensely to begin with, until it works.  If he actually has quick success with this, it will make the current transfer portal situation more of a disaster as others will think they can duplicate kicking out most of their teams as well.  They won't have the initial interest and pull of a Deion Sanders however most likely.

Regardless of what happens, it will be fun.  I am excited for our game with them because we will either 1. win and I can enjoy that, or 2. lose and I can enjoy the absolute meltdown of Husker fans overreactions.  :lol:

32 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think we all fully expect this experiment to fail horribly.....but what if it doesn't.  Ideas that change industries dramatically are often ridiculed intensely to begin with, until it works.  If he actually has quick success with this, it will make the current transfer portal situation more of a disaster as others will think they can duplicate kicking out most of their teams as well.  They won't have the initial interest and pull of a Deion Sanders however most likely.

Regardless of what happens, it will be fun.  I am excited for our game with them because we will either 1. win and I can enjoy that, or 2. lose and I can enjoy the absolute meltdown of Husker fans overreactions.  :lol:

You are a sick sick man.

While I won’t “meltdown” if we do lose, that is the one game all season that will bother me if we lose. Not because we “should” win but only because it is CU.

I can’t stand CU still. And that alone makes me hope coach Prime fails astoundingly. I don’t have anything against him personally (except his look at me  showboat ways). I am sooo glad Nebraska was never desperate enough (even though we could’ve been) to consider him for our job.

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

You are a sick sick man.

While I won’t “meltdown” if we do lose, that is the one game all season that will bother me if we lose. Not because we “should” win but only because it is CU.

I can’t stand CU still. And that alone makes me hope coach Prime fails astoundingly. I don’t have anything against him personally (except his look at me  showboat ways). I am sooo glad Nebraska was never desperate enough (even though we could’ve been) to consider him for our job.

I am also glad we didn't hire him, and I am happy we hired who we did.  I didn't like CU back in the day, but even though I am in Boulder as I type this, the dislike for them has faded to almost non-existence.  I see the campus/stadium/flags and my only reaction now is "meh". 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
45 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I am also glad we didn't hire him, and I am happy we hired who we did.  I didn't like CU back in the day, but even though I am in Boulder as I type this, the dislike for them has faded to almost non-existence.  I see the campus/stadium/flags and my only reaction now is "meh". 

That’s okay. I just embrace the hate :lol: Iowa is pretty much there and Wiscy & Minny aren’t too far behind. It’s more fun when you hate the opponent. We just need to get good enough again to where hating Michigan and tOSU doesn’t come off like “eh, who are you?”.

• Oh Yeah! 2
4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

That’s okay. I just embrace the hate :lol: Iowa is pretty much there and Wiscy & Minny aren’t too far behind. It’s more fun when you hate the opponent. We just need to get good enough again to where hating Michigan and tOSU doesn’t come off like “eh, who are you?”.

I agree, it does make it better.  Personally, I need two good teams that have years of ruining the others season, and a back and forth to develop that dislike.  I want two 8/9/10-1 teams playing close games! Then I'll hate someone. The suck has really drained my hate reserves, haha.