** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Jesus Christ you guys are savage... Dude's already lost a couple toes. I hope he recovers quickly and keeps his foot. This puts a damper on what is a fun rivalry reborn.

Good thing you can still coach with one foot.  I had a coach in college that was missing his leg below the knee.  Didn't lose it to poor circulation tho

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Good thing you can still coach with one foot.  I had a coach in college that was missing his leg below the knee.  Didn't lose it to poor circulation tho

You can do a lot of things with one foot, but it's still a horrible thing to lose.

• TBH 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Because I live in CO I am hearing a lot of CU hype 

they had the spring game on TV again earlier this week. First time I had watched it in its entirety. 
They did not look big, physical, or dynamic. Then I remembered they lost/cut some 30+ payers from that team. So, they will be a different team come fall. 
But still, even w a revamped team from head to toe, it’s hard to imagine they don’t get kicked in the teeth this first year and sorta collapse. 
My worry would be that their hype last’s 1-3 games before they take that collapse, which would include our game. We better just be better than them when we play them in hopes of them using a home game against a rival to steal one from us then lose terribly the rest of the season. They didn’t look that good on a rewatch, but who knows? 
also, I’m really glad Prime isn’t out coach. He brings the gold n lightning but I don’t think he is who we needed. 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, I am I said:

Then I remembered they lost/cut some 30+ payers from that team. So, they will be a different team come fall. 
But still, even w a revamped team from head to toe, it’s hard to imagine they don’t get kicked in the teeth this first year and sorta collapse. 
My worry would be that their hype last’s 1-3 games before they take that collapse, which would include our game.

Last I knew they had something like 10 scholarship players returning.

I don't want Colorado to succeed, not just because of the Nebraska angle, but also because if they do have a decent season more schools will look to replicate this mass migration method of roster rebuild. It's very questionable how many schools could replicate the success due to Sander's somewhat unique brand ability to pull in recruits, but even a couple of years of this propagating could be harmful to the sport.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
17 hours ago, I am I said:

even w a revamped team from head to toe, it’s hard to imagine they don’t get kicked in the teeth this first year and sorta collapse.

He'll have built a good collection of players in fall, but I highly doubt he'll be able to build a team nearly as quickly. And the kind of hype and bluster that he brings doesn't work quite as well when you're losing....

also, I’m really glad Prime isn’t out coach. He brings the gold n lightning but I don’t think he is who we needed. 

Whether he proves to be a good coach or not, he would've completely blown away Callahan's record for the most awkward fit for a head coach at Nebraska.

19 hours ago, I am I said:

Because I live in CO I am hearing a lot of CU hype 

they had the spring game on TV again earlier this week. First time I had watched it in its entirety. 
They did not look big, physical, or dynamic. Then I remembered they lost/cut some 30+ payers from that team. So, they will be a different team come fall. 
My worry would be that their hype last’s 1-3 games before they take that collapse, which would include our game. We better just be better than them when we play them in hopes of them using a home game against a rival to steal one from us then lose terribly the rest of the season. They didn’t look that good on a rewatch, but who knows? 

Where are you hearing this hype? I work in Boulder and pretty much no one I talk to cares still. :lol:

I don't think they'll be good, I just question whether they can be BETTER than us in week 2, with our 2 opening road games and they get us at home in a hyped first Deion home game.  People are down playing the atmosphere that day too much in my opinion. Rhule also has a track record of tearing things down and winning very little in year 1 so I am not expecting much. I want progess in year 2 though, without a doubt.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, runningblind said:

Rhule also has a track record of tearing things down and winning very little in year 1 so I am not expecting much.

Not only are those circumstances very different but the transfer portal just changes that whole equation. Him tearing it down and playing a bunch of young guys in Year 1 sucked for Year 1, but it meant he had a bunch of multi-year starters in Year 3, including at QB. Now, you just go buy yourself that experienced QB. When I watched Sims in the spring, it wasn't his arm or his athleticism that jumped out, good as they are, it was his experience. Unfortunately, that gap in experience between him and everyone else at the position stood out, too.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1