*** 2019 Recruiting ***

On 5/14/2018 at 10:44 AM, BIG ERN said:

Nice find...I like this.  For HS guys we seem like we are offering a lot of guys and some seem to be fairly far down the road with other leaders. Interested to see how this plays out.  The strategy is probably if we have a great season we'll get another look from some of these guys that seem more certain with other teams.  I sure hope we flip some but I'd like to see a few more of our sure bets locked down.  

7 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Nice find...I like this.  For HS guys we seem like we are offering a lot of guys and some seem to be fairly far down the road with other leaders. Interested to see how this plays out.  The strategy is probably if we have a great season we'll get another look from some of these guys that seem more certain with other teams.  I sure hope we flip some but I'd like to see a few more of our sure bets locked down.  

Who are our sure bets

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

I would guess the number will eventually be around 21 or 22 for this class. Still some attrition upcoming for this season and the next I would assume. 

Also, do we take 2 cornerbacks and one safety or do we take three CB and a safety this year?  

At least 3 CB's. 

The discussion in the new OT offer’s thread does bring me back to why I was a little hesitant about Frost coaching through the bowl game. The staff hit the ground running and obviously had plans and back-up plans as evidenced by the JUCO guys they targeted. They really did a dynamite job all things considered to close out the 2018 recruiting class. Only regret is that we didn’t sign that JUCO OLB who signed with Tennessee as I think he was an immediate impact player.

But those last couple months are vital to the 2019 recruiting class as well. It’s an important time to set up the board and figure out the plan for the next year, and I think our staff was a little bit behind the 8 ball because they had so much 2018 recruiting to still handle. Not trying to be pessimistic or say that the sky is falling or anything like that. We will see how this cycle goes, I figure some of it will be tied to how we look in the season.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

The discussion in the new OT offer’s thread does bring me back to why I was a little hesitant about Frost coaching through the bowl game. The staff hit the ground running and obviously had plans and back-up plans as evidenced by the JUCO guys they targeted. They really did a dynamite job all things considered to close out the 2018 recruiting class. Only regret is that we didn’t sign that JUCO OLB who signed with Tennessee as I think he was an immediate impact player.

But those last couple months are vital to the 2019 recruiting class as well. It’s an important time to set up the board and figure out the plan for the next year, and I think our staff was a little bit behind the 8 ball because they had so much 2018 recruiting to still handle. Not trying to be pessimistic or say that the sky is falling or anything like that. We will see how this cycle goes, I figure some of it will be tied to how we look in the season.

Very good point. I think they gained a lot of respect from 2018 recruits (which paid off) in coaching the bowl game, but lost valuable time with the 2019 class as you mentioned. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***