Bill Moos named AD

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Seems like a solid hire. Exact opposite personality as the Ginger Assassin. He's a football guy. If he does well, would be good for him to groom a #2 to hand the reins to in a few years and keep stability. 

That is key, seeing who he hires around himself. That person very well could be the next A.D. after him.  

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Toe said:

Oregon's Rob Mullens was one of the names being tossed around, which sounded good but you have to ask how much he's really running the show up there vs Knight, and how much Knight wanted to hang onto him.

Oregon has a lot of big donors.  It's a misconception outside the state that Knight is the only thing going.  

Moos is a bit of a disappointment to me.  Oregon's success can be linked to Pat Kilkenny, the AD after Moos.  Kilkenny was and still is a money guy and got those facilities built including the baseball stadium which is named after him.  As for WAZZU, they've gotten better since hiring the pirate, but they are awful in everything else.  I can't help but think that our top choices turned us down.  Also, I'm sure Moos and Riley know each other.  

Edited by southernoregonhusker

Monata won a national championship and also played for another national title when he was the AD there. Monata never had a losing season when he was their AD.

started as the AD at Oregon the same year that Mike Bellotti became the head coach. The rise of Oregon football was because of Bill - stadium improvements, investment in the sport, etc. The foundation was laid out for Chip Kelly to take over and make the run he did.

The more I research this the more it becomes clear, IMO, this is a football minded hire. They went out and found an AD with success and revitalizing football programs.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

He was the AD at Montana before going to Oregon. Hired Don Read who led the  Grizzlies to a D1-AA  National Title in 1995. 

This is a football AD through and through. 

Owns his own cattle ranch as well FYI. 

Coach Read was a sub .500 coach when hired at Montana.  Can you imagine Moos hiring a sub-.500 coach?  The board would go nuclear.