Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

Chip Kelly or Scott Frost according to one person that knows our new AD. 

“Scott Frost is going to have to make a decision. It’ll be him or Chip Kelly,” Walden continued. “I’m sorry to be the voice of doom for Mike Riley, which I hate, because I happen to think the world of him.”

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-assistant-bill-moos-hire-not-good-for-mike-riley

“Make no bones about it,” Walden said. “[When] the new A.D. gets the job, one of the requirements of the new job is, ‘When you come here, will you fire the coach?’ And the answer better be, ‘Yes,’ or he’s not going there.”

Edited by jessica0
7 hours ago, zoogs said:

And Frost, while he has a bright future ahead of him, doesn't have as deep a pool of connections as Riley does. So we're going to bring in a bunch of UCF guys, probably, and let's see how well they can do recruiting. 

I think the quality of Frost's football rolodex might already be superior to Riley's.

I would be quite comfortable about the outcome if it were Scott Frost vs Mike Riley on the recruiting trail.

• Plus1 1

I would be extremely shocked yet overly excited if we got Chip Kelly. Although I don't think Kelly would be here long term if he were successful like if Frost was, but we could be in store for some amazing 4-5 years. Chip Kelly is an odd guy in that he was in the midst of signing a job for the Bucaneers after 3 years with the Ducks, but changed his mind last minute. He almost also didn't go to Philly because he was torn on leaving Oregon, so maybe there is some loyalty in  him. Many would be against it because of his NCAA hiccup, and from many reports that he simply isn't the nicest of guys, but maybe he learned from his failures in the NFL and wants to stick it out in college and maybe he will open up more to fans and boosters.

I mean if you can't get Frost, why not go for the brain of the brain child.

21 minutes ago, TheSker said:
  7 hours ago, zoogs said:

And Frost, while he has a bright future ahead of him, doesn't have as deep a pool of connections as Riley does. So we're going to bring in a bunch of UCF guys, probably, and let's see how well they can do recruiting. 

When Riley was hired, his deep pool was nearly all OSU retreads, and he has fired many of them already.

• Plus1 1