** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you know anything about Tom Osborne, he is not likely to lobby or offer his opinion unless asked. He's an old school gentleman that way. 

It not only possible but likely that Tom has no more concrete information than we do at the moment.

I think Tom knows everything that is going on and is deeply involved in the conversations. Its likely he understands we are at a critical juncture of falling into irrelevance. Even an old school gentlemen knows when its necessary to step in when something is important. Some things you cant afford to miss out on.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am seeing it on my site...it is national but local...if that makes sense.  So they will put up things that fans of the Huskers would be interested in.  Frost -200 to be the next coach or +150 to not be.

It would be worth putting money down that Frost won't be the next coach to keep my head from exploding.

I think that Frost will remain at UCF.  In most of his recent interviews— including his latest press conference when he makes comments about being a new father, he consistently references how they’re building something special at UCF and talks about the unique cohesion with all of the assistants and even amongst the team.  

He is making the type of comments that would force anyone to question his integrity if he were to leave.  

I get get it —many coaches say, “I’m 100% committed to “State U.”

And then leave for a new position the next day.  I just don’t think that fits Scott’s character and therefore he stays.  

2 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

I think that Frost will remain at UCF.  In most of his recent interviews— including his latest press conference when he makes comments about being a new father, he consistently references how they’re building something special at UCF and talks about the unique cohesion with all of the assistants and even amongst the team.  

He is making the type of comments that would force anyone to question his integrity if he were to leave.  

And then leave for a new position the next day.  I just don’t think that fits Scott’s character and therefore he stays.  

And the UCF fans are worried hearing that because he's not flat out saying, "I'm staying".

1 minute ago, secretasianman said:

Kind of like how bookie said he is committed to nebraska 100% in his interviews. Not leaving as long as riley and williams there. Then a month later happened. Everyone said they believe him because Bookie has great character. 

While he is still employeed at UCF he has to be politically correct and say the right things. What people say in public means jack sh**. He also said he is 100% focused on UCF season and wont entertain anything till the season is gone- but it appears he is talking with nebraska about a contract and has an offer from florida as well. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, HANC said:

I agree with you on Leach.  Although fun to listen too and pretty good coach, I am not sure he is the guy.  I wasn't saying that I would "want" either one, just that their names would make sense entering the conversation.

My take on Frost is based on nothing other than gut feeling.  Reading articles and listening to people whom I think "should" be closer to the situation than most, have me thinking that Frost is a long shot.  Way too many people and articles written about Frost at Florida or staying put.  I think that there is too much smoke surrounding those rumors to not take it serious that he doesn't have Nebraska first on his list.  He wasn't treated well here at all and really doesn't have a strong connection as we would like him to have.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it. 

It’s hard to separate fact from fiction especially on this thread.  The only facts we have are:

-Scott Frost did  indeed play for Nebraska and he was very good.  He helped lead us to a national championship.

- Scott Frost has a wife named Ashley and his wife just had a baby boy-name unknown at the present time. 

- Scott Frost is currently the head coach for University of Central Florida. 

-In an interview in 2012 Scott Frost said that he  had resolved the  issues  that he had with Nebraska (when he came back from  Stanford.)

- in that same interview Scott said that the Nebraska head-coaching position would be his dream job. 

-While his name has been bandied about no one has made him an offer.  Many speculate that his agent has had offers behind the scenes however no one can say for sure that that has actually happened.

So it’s all up in the air. The one reason I would like Scott Frost to come back home to Nebraska and be our head coach is simply because he understands the culture. He’s a good football coach That could really be an asset to our university. Other than that we really know very little.

(It would be very interesting to have someone do a synopsis of this thread.)

18 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

No it wouldn't. He is being questioned about all the open jobs (and some not open) in college football. The only answer he can give right now is his commitment to his team and future at UCF because that is where he is currently under a multi year contract. If he leaves under good terms, no one should question his integrity. 

Also, I highly doubt you know him or his true character.

Edited by jaws
  • Plus1 3