** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 minutes ago, Ziebol the Red said:

Look at their Gruden thread. Same guy says his insider has heard they have the inside track on him. If UT lands Frost I really believe it’s cause Frost has no interest in being here because UT is a death sentence for any coach. UT needs to land someone with experience in the SEC, if they don’t they will have another Dooley, Jones, Kiffin situation.

I hadn't done any Tennessee message board perusing prior to today because I didn't think we had to worry about them. The Florida competition gave me enough anxiety as it is. I never really thought that Gruden was a serious option for them though either, more like a dream scenario type of thing. I still think SF is N but my poor old heart could do with less of those types of rumors.

People... people. Until Scott Frost's signature is on the contract, his agent is doing his job (and acting in his own commission's self-interest) to stir the pot and try to drive up the offers. SF is not going to lie to Tom Osborne's face (or in his ear) - and if you don't think that he's personally handling this transaction you are dumber than a bag of hammers. If nothing else, Nebraska should have the right of first refusal. People can throw all of the offers (official or unofficial) at him that they want. If Nebraska is the job he wants, he might get the final numbers on the contract a bit higher but there is (so far) no real reason to panic, that I can see.

Edited by cheekygeek
  • Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

To be fair. I dispute the argument Tennessee is a bad job. They are an old power that has fell on hard times. People are short sighted and think that job sucks cause they have struggled to find a good coach- just like we have. 

Just throwing that out there because I have respect for traditional powers. Also we should know the same things get said about us. 

That aside no way in hell frost goes to the team he beat for national title 20 years ago 

They suffer from the sane ‘curse’ as we do. They haven’t been really good since Fulmer left as we haven’t since Solich left.  

Nebraska is a non factor from what my friend said. Would be like Peyton coming to coach here. Some people do not want to tarnish their image if things do not work out at their Alma Mater. Right now everyone here LOVES Peyton. Let him have some 6-6 or 5-7 seasons and half the fan base is ready for a lynching. Peyton has said this publicly. The same could be the case for Frost at Nebraska plus we can pay more.

ambrose.gif

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel
  • Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Anyone wonder if it's the best look for us to have fans stalking him at his games. Espn writing about us. Its kind of like someone thinking about getting back with their ex because they spent enough time away from them they forgot how annoying they were. Then just before you move in together she starts doing that annoying s#!t again and your like oh s#!t now I remember why we broke up 

Depends on how you want to look at it. Is 3 people with a sign  at a UCF game considered stalking? To me, no. If anything it proves support and loyalty. Just cuz ESPN calls is stalking doesn't make it so. Just my opinion

Page 202. Do I call first? ;)

• Plus1 2

Hedley, is that you trolling those poor vols?

I will as much as I can.

- Scott Frost (or his agent) reached out to UT AD in late September stating he would have interest should an opening come

- Currie then went to watch Scott Frost coach during the bye week. Not sure if he was allowed official contact but definitely had back channel agent contact.

- Someone that I know that actually speaks to Currie directly on a somewhat regular basis says Currie is all in on Frost and the reason we have not seen a scramble of interviews and news from the AD is not tight lips as much as Currie already having his guy and has kept that to a very tight circle.

- Now that Kelly to UF is all but done the only competing job that would have competed for Frost should be filled very soon

-Nebraska is a non factor from what my friend said. Would be like Peyton coming to coach here. Some people do not want to tarnish their image if things do not work out at their Alma Mater. Right now everyone here LOVES Peyton. Let him have some 6-6 or 5-7 seasons and half the fan base is ready for a lynching. Peyton has said this publicly. The same could be the case for Frost at Nebraska plus we can pay more.

I am 99% sure Frost will be our next Coach as of right now. No one is immune to being wrong and things can and do change but at this point I believe this is all but done. I am very careful about making predictions because I definitely know the ramifications of being wrong on here.

4 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

If I came on here and told you that Bill Moos told me that Frost is coming, you would all laugh and call me crazy. This guy on the VN board is saying exactly that but in a pro- Tenn fashion. C'mon, lets not be lame and passive.

But I scared Vince. I scared.

• Plus1 1