Unpopular Opinion

I have been watching Parks and Rec for the very first time. Almost done with season 2.

So far, The Office is 8x better. (Not counting the last season or two of The Office - those blew)

Funny thing is, the main characters, Amy Poehler and Steve Carell are the worst part about both of those shows. I really do not like Amy Poehler.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I have been watching Parks and Rec for the very first time. Almost done with season 2.

So far, The Office is 8x better. (Not counting the last season or two of The Office - those blew)

Funny thing is, the main characters, Amy Poehler and Steve Carell are the worst part about both of those shows. I really do not like Amy Poehler.

I'm just finishing up Season 6 for maybe my fourth or fifth time through. PnR has it's own quirky kind of humor, but it grows on you.  It gets better. 

10 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Judd Apatow isn't funny. Neither is Seth Rogan.

Will Ferrell has exactly two funny movies.

The Office is horrible. Parks and Rec runs circles around it. 

Seth Rogan IMO is like Bill Murray only more so, he is better in a smaller supporting role than as the lead.  He does pretty well in a big ensemble not trying to carry a movie. 

Will Ferrell had a great run of pretty good movies IMO, but he can't play that type of character when he is pushing 50 years old.   It is the same with Adam Sandler you can't play the man child when you are that old anymore.  Adam Sandler hasn't put out a real funny movie since Big Daddy.  

My 14 year old son loves The Office, I think it is OK.  He dressed up as Dwight Schrute for a costume contest at school on Halloween.  Not very many kids got it.  Have not watched Park and Rec. 

Unpopular Opinion:  I think Highlander is a great movie.  

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, NUinID said:

Seth Rogan IMO is like Bill Murray only more so, he is better in a smaller supporting role than as the lead.  He does pretty well in a big ensemble not trying to carry a movie. 

Will Ferrell had a great run of pretty good movies IMO, but he can't play that type of character when he is pushing 50 years old.   It is the same with Adam Sandler you can't play the man child when you are that old anymore.  Adam Sandler hasn't put out a real funny movie since Big Daddy.  

My 14 year old son loves The Office, I think it is OK.  He dressed up as Dwight Schrute for a costume contest at school on Halloween.  Not very many kids got it.  Have not watched Park and Rec. 

Unpopular Opinion:  I think Highlander is a great movie.  

I agree about Seth Rogan; my favorite parts of his are when he's a supporting character i.e., 40 Year Old Virgin (which is the only Apatow-written vehicle I enjoy) or Superbad. I did mildly enjoy Zack and Miri, but I think that's more to do with Kevin Smith. 

And Highlander is an awesome movie. The TV series is a guilty pleasure of mine, too. 

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Never have been a fan of The Office.

I was a Highlander fan in the 80s....then I got into the TV show in the 90s.  

I think they are coming out with a new movie next year.

Yeah I watched the TV series when it was on in the 90's.  It was stupid fun.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Highlander was a great movie for the 1980s, but it's almost unwatchable today. The sound is awful, the pace dull, the acting & effects are bad. 

I'm not typically one that enjoys remaking old movies, but that's one that definitely needs to be updated. 

You know a movie I find unwatchable that I used to like is Stripes.  It doesn't hold up well at all.  

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Jim Carrey hasn't been funny in ages.

Jim Carrey is a odd dude, and I think he has rubbed a lot of people in Hollywood the wrong way.  They same thing holds for him as for Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler he is like 55 years old and can't do the physical stupid comedy movies he used to do and make it work.  

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Highlander was a great movie for the 1980s, but it's almost unwatchable today. The sound is awful, the pace dull, the acting & effects are bad. 

I'm not typically one that enjoys remaking old movies, but that's one that definitely needs to be updated. 

Who do you think would play a good Connor MacLeod?

Edited by darkhorse85