Unpopular Opinion

1 hour ago, Comfortably Numb said:

giphy.gif

Anyone who doesn’t like IPA’s doesn’t like beer, not really.

Nothing better on a hot day than an ultra hoppy brew.

Unpopular opinion? The American standard beers are crap. Budweiser, Coors, Miller, even Blue Moon and Shock Top. Garbage.

Wow that is so untrue, there are so many different varieties of beers besides IPA's that are great.  A beer snob said the exact same thing to me when I was in line waiting for a beer at a concert a couple of years ago.  

I will on occasion drink an IPA, but where I live up here in the Great Northwest it is just ridiculous.  You walk into a beer pub that has 15 taps and 10 of them are IPA's the other 5 are Coors Light, Bud Light,  Blue Moon, Shock Top and PBR for the hipsters.  The local mini mart will only have different variations on IPA's from local brewers.    

9 minutes ago, Fru said:

Not made up.

Despite what some people think, I wouldn't randomly pick a third rate pizza joint in Lincoln, NE to unnecessarily hate. 

He was either messing with me, or pepperoni pizza was too challenging of task. Plus, this didn't help my opinion of them 

It sounds too random to make up, and I'm not accusing you of being a liar, but you have to understand how that sounds to someone who's seen that order handed out several times to people I'm having lunch with. 

If that person was messing with you, that's a really dumb joke.  But it's just such a weird thing to hear.

2 minutes ago, NUinID said:

Wow that is so untrue, there are so many different varieties of beers besides IPA's that are great.  A beer snob said the exact same thing to me when I was in line waiting for a beer at a concert a couple of years ago.  

I will on occasion drink an IPA, but where I live up here in the Great Northwest it is just ridiculous.  You walk into a beer pub that has 15 taps and 10 of them are IPA's the other 5 are Coors Light, Bud Light,  Blue Moon, Shock Top and PBR for the hipsters.  The local mini mart will only have different variations on IPA's from local brewers.    

I know there are a LOT of good beers besides IPA’s. I like a whole lot more than just IPA’s. That was just me stirring the pot and being ornery again. chuckleshuffle

3 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I know there are a LOT of good beers besides IPA’s. I like a whole lot more than just IPA’s. That was just me stirring the pot and being ornery again. chuckleshuffle

Got ya,  I am not lying when I had guy tell me that in a line for beer and he was dead serious.  I like dark lagers and ales the best and stouts,  like wheats and heffies in the summer.  I do drink plenty of macrobrew though.   When it is really hot outside a good ole Busch light goes down fast and is refreshing.  

Lucky Bucket has a way of making their lighter IPA taste good.  Their Pineapple Express single batch was really good.  Their standard IPA is the hoppiest thing I've ever tasted.

Just now, NUinID said:

Got ya,  I am not lying when I had guy tell me that in a line for beer and he was dead serious.  I like dark lagers and ales the best and stouts,  like wheats and heffies in the summer.  I do drink plenty of macrobrew though.   When it is really hot outside a good ole Busch light goes down fast and is refreshing.  

Try Lucky Bucket Wide Eye, think Guiness but good.

47 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It sounds too random to make up, and I'm not accusing you of being a liar, but you have to understand how that sounds to someone who's seen that order handed out several times to people I'm having lunch with. 

If that person was messing with you, that's a really dumb joke.  But it's just such a weird thing to hear.

Sorry, that earlier post may have come off as a little aggressive, wasn't intended that way. I get that it sounds odd, but it's what went down. Haven't been back since. 

49 minutes ago, Redux said:

Lucky Bucket has a way of making their lighter IPA taste good.  Their Pineapple Express single batch was really good.  Their standard IPA is the hoppiest thing I've ever tasted.

Try Lucky Bucket Wide Eye, think Guiness but good.

I FEEL LIKE I'VE TRIED SEVERAL OF THEIR BEERS BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER LIKING ANY OF THEM VERY MUCH.

7 hours ago, NUance said:

Serenity > Star Wars (any one of them)  

:) 

I would put the Firefly series above all but maybe... no, I'd put it above all Star Wars. It's about time for me to do my re-watch. I try to go 2 years each time to keep it fresh. (I've been waiting for @knapplc to chime in about how he didn't really like Firefly).

On Will Ferrell, I really liked Blades of Glory. And I haven't seen Old School yet. Might have to do that.

Firefly/Serenity is not half a whit as good as Star Wars.  Let's stop pretending.

And yes, I liked Firefly and Serenity.  It's a crime there wasn't more of it, and Fox should be castigated for their decision to end what could have been a great story.

But I'm realistic about the quality of all of these things. Star Wars, et al, is much better.