Unpopular Opinion

33 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

Its been explained how its better and i can see it . Problem is i put gallons of gas in my car , drive mph, in 6 feet tall etc etc etc. and  its been that way my whole life. Other than a 2 liter bottle of pop i cant think of anything i use the metric system for. Do you use it on any kind of regular basis? Anything that makes it worth millions of people changing their everyday lives, to change to it?

It would definitely be the worst for those who've grown up under the current system.  But it would be a whole lot nicer for everyone else down the road.

And I don't think it would end up being all that difficult.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

Its been explained how its better and i can see it . Problem is i put gallons of gas in my car , drive mph, in 6 feet tall etc etc etc. and  its been that way my whole life. Other than a 2 liter bottle of pop i cant think of anything i use the metric system for. Do you use it on any kind of regular basis? Anything that makes it worth millions of people changing their everyday lives, to change to it?

What horse-power light bulbs do you use?  I prefer 40 W bulbs

Are you watching your BTUs when you diet? I keep an eye on my calories

Edited by huKSer
  • Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, huKSer said:

What horse-power light bulbs do you use?  I prefer 40 W bulbs

Are you watching your BTUs when you diet? I keep an eye on my calories

Pshawww.  If you were serious about the metric system you'd keep an eye on your joules.  

• Plus1 4

56 minutes ago, Redux said:

Tim and the Animal were far more entertaining than Todd and Tyler.  Tyler is an asshat and never s#!ts up, even when guests are trying to get a word in.

Don't know who Tim and the Animal are, but I got over T&T a long time ago.  They are both arrogant asses.  I got tired of listening to them drone on about how bad the state of Nebraska suck, how bad the midwest in general sucks, how bad the Huskers suck, how everyone living in Nebraska is an unsophisticated red neck.  As opposed to being 2 middle aged men with hair down to their butts that are so enlightened about everything.  

I dislike them for the same reason I don't listen to Bill Maher,  if you don't agree with whatever they say than you are just stupid.  

Edited by NUinID
  • Plus1 1

@Redux

Ronda Rousey Can’t Act. Does It Matter?

Last night, Ronda Rousey made her third appearance on WWE TV since debuting at the WWE Royal Rumble. It went a lot like the last two, which is to say that it was a perfectly fine segment despite Rousey’s obvious inability to act.

A wrestler doesn’t have to be a good actor. There’s a reason only one U.S. wrestler, The Rock, has crossed over to being a movie megastar. Also look at the other people in segments with Rousey: Kurt Angle isn’t particularly great at reading his lines. Triple H is good. Stephanie McMahon speaks “entirely in exposition,” as Maffew said on an OSW Review episode, but she’s okay. (Steph and HHH better be decent, with how often they’ve opened Raw with a 20-minute promo.)

:lol: :dunno

13 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know this is going to shock people. 

The Bachelor/Bachelorette is quite possibly the most pathetic display of American society in history. 

Sorry to to ruin your day with that. 

Agree 100%. My wife still watches this and I just can't stand it when she does. I'm just glad we have more than one tv in the house.

13 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know this is going to shock people. 

The Bachelor/Bachelorette is quite possibly the most pathetic display of American society in history. 

Sorry to to ruin your day with that. 

Is it worse than the Kardashians?

Edited by Fru
1 hour ago, GSG said:

So....former UFC fighter just startinf out as a wrestler proves why wrestlers aren't good actors?  I know what you're suggesting but still.

The Rock is obvious.  John Cena is gaining traction.  I would argue that other such as Stone Cold and the Miz are actually quite good as well.

57 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Big Lebowski is only a decent movie. 

44 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's not even that good.

I mean, this is just flat out not true.  My mind can't comprehend the silliness of these statements.