Unpopular Opinion

10 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The Eagles are overrated. I haven't liked any of their songs I've heard. I'm not neutral on it either. I really don't like them.

Heart is underrated.

I agree that the Eagles are overrated, though I do like 4-5 of their more rocking songs, not a big fan of any of their country rock stuff.  They do get a lot of credit for being great.  

I don't think Heart is underrated they are in the RR HoF.   

2 minutes ago, NUinID said:

I agree that the Eagles are overrated, though I do like 4-5 of their more rocking songs, not a big fan of any of their country rock stuff.  They do get a lot of credit for being great.  

I have been on a Fleetwood Mac/ELO/Bowie tear the last week or so. Adding Heart to that list now. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, NUinID said:

You might be right. It's just that I never really heard about Heart growing up. Whereas I heard about and heard lots of other bands from their era and before.

14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You might be right. It's just that I never really heard about Heart growing up. Whereas I heard about and heard lots of other bands from their era and before.

You obviously are a lot younger than I am.  :D They were pretty big in the mid to late 70's and then had something of a comeback in the mid 80's.  

I would rather go all by myself (if need be) to some hole in the wall dive in New Orleans, Vegas or Nashville...etc. to listen to live music and drink a $10 drink than go to some over produced mega concert of some ultra popular band and sit 300 yards away.

Music is many times as good or better and you have a much more personal experience listening and watching the band.

I've seen some amazing musicians in these kind of places.

• Plus1 1