Unpopular Opinion

1 hour ago, Redux said:

Most wrestlers perform 3-5 days a week.  It's the reason so many die young and of drug related causes, the body isn't meant to handle the abuse they endure.  Coincidentally, they typically make great actors because they are used to doing everything in one take.

But...still.....wrestling is one of the most pathetically dumb forms of entertainment to watch.  It is completely mind numbing.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

Teachers aren't on Snapchat instead of teaching. That's not what we said at all. Teachers are on Snapchat during lunch, or their down time. Kids are on it all the time when they think they can get away with it. Parents need to be more active with their own kids and their technology or this will only get worse.

Ha, I didn't really think that teachers were snap chatting instead of teaching. I know the kids do it but was just trying to rankle a few feathers with the teachers in here. Just me being onery :P

2 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Ha, I didn't really think that teachers were snap chatting instead of teaching. I know the kids do it but was just trying to rankle a few feathers with the teachers in here. Just me being onery :P

That's ok. It's just a pet peeve of mine that students waste way too much time on their cell phones and I just pick on snapchat. Unfortunately, they learn it from seeing way too many adults wasting time on their cell phones too.

I kinda figured the whole point of this topic was to get people arguing. I like it.

FWIW, I've witnessed better acting in some soap operas than the mind numbing drivel that comprises 98% of current prime time TV. I used to watch All My Children religiously. Started that when I was at UNL in the 80's and it took almost 15 years to get past it.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Wait...I missed what you said...I was busy snapping.  

:)

5 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I kinda figured the whole point of this topic was to get people arguing. I like it.

FWIW, I've witnessed better acting in some soap operas than the mind numbing drivel that comprises 98% of current prime time TV. I used to watch All My Children religiously. Started that when I was at UNL in the 80's and it took almost 15 years to get past it.

Dallas is still one of the best shows ever.  Larry Hagman OWNED his role of JR.

17 minutes ago, zoogs said:

....OK, except for the bolded. Gah, what? Wash your hands after you touch your junk guys. If not for you, for everyone around you.

If you only knew how much of the food you eat was dropped on the floor, or sneezed on by the cook/waiter, or past its freshness date.  Or how often someone's "junk stuff" came in contact with your food or your skin or whatever.  It happens all the time.  Our immune systems are pretty tough, bred over millions of years to handle this stuff.

I'm not advocating not washing your hand after touching your junk, or general uncleanliness, I'm just saying don't freak out about it so much (to people, not specifically you).  We're hardier beings than some people tend to believe.

16 minutes ago, darkhorse85 said:

Unless you're taking an immunomodulater like I have to.  But I'm an exception to that I suppose.  I wash my hands a lot because my immune system is basically s#!t now.  Autoimmune diseases suck, y'all.

Drag, man. Sorry about that. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Yep; gonna have to pull it up when I get home, especially if it's that Upton picture. 

Another Unpopular Opinion:  Kate Upton is not hot.  She's tremendously average-looking, and I see women as good-looking as her every single day in Lincoln, NE.

• Plus1 3