Mikale Wilbon

ADS

Miles Jones could be better than all the names mentioned for this offense. No one has been impressive since Abdullah left. I'm not sure Bell can be that guy either and sucks that Bryant can't stay healthy. Mazour I'd give a shot for sure this year. Washington is now cleared which is great news

• Plus1 1

I understand the critics of Ozigbo as he is NOT Ameer or Aman or Calvin Jones, etal.   NONE of the backs we've had since Ameer have had breakaway speed and even 'good' power and elusiveness frankly.  I saw Wilbon trip and fall attempting to make a simple cut to the left when a good back would have headed up field and into the tackler and tried to get the additional 2 or 3 yards.   On one longer gain, Wilbon showed clearly his is not a speed guy, if he ever was.   He doesn't push the pile.   The best sign of a good RB is that, upon being takled, he almost always ends up headed up field and doesn't get dumped sidewalks or backward.  That will add a full 1 yard per carry to the average and those are  big yards.

In the spring game, watch Ozigbo turn atleast two of his carries up the middle into 5 yard gains when any of the other RBs would have gained, perhaps 2.  Ozigbo only needs blazing speed which he doesn't have and he'd be an excellent RB.  Mazour finds a hole and can get 25 or30 quite often and he runs hard and tough.   

Bradley has not showed me much push in contact but I admit he's not had many chances.  Tre Bryant has had some flashes but I guess I am not optimistic we can count on him for more than 3 games early before his knee swells up and he's done.   I hope I am wrong as he could be our best all around RB.

I like Bell, from what we've have seen, and time will tell on the new recruits.   I am hoping we find a Keith or Calvin Jones or Green or Phillips or Jeff Smith or Roger Craig, etc.   There have to be lots of those RBs out there.  For 25 years plus, we always had two or three excellent RBs with speed and toughness, etc.   

I should qualify all of the above with the obvious note that our O line has not been very good so any RB would struggle but i believe that Frost's hurry up and spread em out and sandlot approach will take some of the pressure off the line to have to sustain blocks and make big holes.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Still don’t understand how people doubt Ozigbo.  He’s a grinder with a solid motor.  He won’t start, but he will be a significant contributor.  

Mostly the lack of speed, and lack of a fit in an zone run scheme. 

• Plus1 2