Will Memorial ever sell beer?

I am I

8 hours ago, I am I said:

I’m sure there’s a university policy or something but I’ve seen CSU’s new stadium up in Ft Collins and they have a bar in the end zone...

looking at the no smoking rule thread made me curious....

They also have a lot of puke at CSU's stadium

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

The University campus, and therefore the Stadium which sits on the campus, is a dry campus.  It is not a State Park, it is the property of the University of Nebraska.

Baseball and Basketball venues are not on campus, therefore are not dry.  This could make it possible to sell there if they decide to.

I really doubt UNL would ever change the dry campus thing, for obvious reasons.  There could be an exception listed for only in the stadium on game days, but that is a stretch.  It isn't just TO.  A lot of people do not want this to happen.

As far as sneaking in, I wear boots normally and it is fairly easy to drop some shooters of Jack into my boots and bring those in.

There's also a lot of people that do want this to happen.  I think TO is the biggest obstacle, personally.   As far as being a wet campus, I'm pretty sure it's a special liquor license the university gets for the venue so you don't have to be a wet campus to serve alcohol in a stadium.  

go out at halftime and get a beer or two- with the way it is in the stadium (especially the north and south stadiums) its pretty hard to get anything from the concessions without missing half the game- I see this as a non-issue unless they totally rebuild Memorial stadium 

I usually have someone at the Champions club that will hand me a pass and drink there at halftime- since joining the BIG, there is a rule that you have to be back before the start of the 4th quarter- I learned that the hard way by drinking and watching the 3rd quarter on TV- couldn't get back in for the 4th quarter of the Miami game a few years back

10 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Not to derail this thread but im going up for the Purdue game and forgot they dont sell alcohol. Would it be hard to sneak in a flask? 

Have leg amputated, purchase hollow prosthetic leg, fill with beer, plug in tap, you're good to go.  It might be painful at first but I promise you, you'll be the bees knees come football season for people around you.

• Plus1 6
1 hour ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Do they pat you down or wand you coming in? I dont even own boots like someone else in here mentioned. Might have to have to bust out the flask in underwear routine. Bonus to that no one else will want to share. Downside is some real warm whiskey. 

Nope...they don't do a thing, you can just put it in your pocket if you watned.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, RedSavage said:

There's also a lot of people that do want this to happen.  I think TO is the biggest obstacle, personally.   As far as being a wet campus, I'm pretty sure it's a special liquor license the university gets for the venue so you don't have to be a wet campus to serve alcohol in a stadium.  

Besides TO and the wet/dry campus issue, another huge stumbling block is lack of restrooms inside the stadium. Some areas are better equipped than others, but overall the stadium can barely keep up with current demand. Now, add several thousand beers into the equation, and it would be a complete cluster.