Memorial Stadium Renovation

4 hours ago, Hagg said:

Alcohol, via airline mini bottles and often even 200 ml bottles, seems to be "allowed" in most sections of the stadium.  Jim Beam, JD, et al.  Who needs beer sales?  Just makes more trips to the stinky restrooms.  For those who do that.  Those other people. 

I've done more jello shots inside Memorial Stadium than outside the past two decades.

• Oh Yeah! 1

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

I've done more jello shots inside Memorial Stadium than outside the past two decades.

(lookin' up 'jello shots') ... well I'll be ... woo!  They do that?  You did that?  People do that?  ... Will it work with oatmeal?  I'm old. 

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, Hagg said:

(lookin' up 'jello shots') ... well I'll be ... woo!  They do that?  You did that?  People do that?  ... Will it work with oatmeal?  I'm old. 

Not oatmeal but gummy bears, jolly ranchers, and skittles can do some things for you.

If Nebraska wants to move to the West, get rid of rows A-D as part of the renovation so then they can expand the bench area.  No one can see a damn thing from those seats anyway.

Also, is there another stadium that allows fans to walk right behind the bench area?  I can't think of one off the top of my head.

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I never knew this. I'm kind of curious what the history is behind the field being off center  Was it always that way, or when did it happen? And is there a reason for it?

And, why hasn’t it ever been corrected so we could be on the west side?

14 hours ago, Red Five said:

If Nebraska wants to move to the East, get rid of rows A-D as part of the renovation so then they can expand the bench area.  No one can see a damn thing from those seats anyway.

Also, is there another stadium that allows fans to walk right behind the bench area?  I can't think of one off the top of my head.

You mean move to the west side. 

41 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We were usually able to get a 12-pack inside Memorial Stadium by hiding them at the bottom of big Korn Popper bags and carrying them like they were really light. 

New bag policy implemented a couple of weeks ago probably puts an end to that unless they just ignore these rules.

Each ticketed attendee will be allowed to enter with one (1) clear plastic bag. Fans will be able to carry the following styles and bag sizes into Nebraska's athletic facilities:

• Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
  • One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
  • Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the venue with one of the clear plastic bags. The bag cannot be larger than 4.5" x 6.5".
  • Exceptions will be made for approved medical needs items after proper inspection.

https://huskers.com/clearbag