Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

Next year will we see two divisions?

B1G West                              

USC

UCLA

Oregon

Washington

Nebraska

Iowa

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Illinois

B1G East

Northwestern

Purdue

Michigan State

Michigan

Ohio State

Penn Sate

Maryland

Rutgers

Indiana

• Oh Yeah! 1

3 minutes ago, Micheal said:

B1G West                              

USC

UCLA

Oregon

Washington

Nebraska

Iowa

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Illinois

B1G East

Northwestern

Purdue

Michigan State

Michigan

Ohio State

Penn Sate

Maryland

Rutgers

Indiana

People need to accept that divisions are dead.

There is no way that Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois (and probably Nebraska) would ever agree to something like that.

And the TV partners paid money for USC/Ohio St, Michigan/Oregon, etc.  Divisions would mean less of that.

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Have to assume Zona, ASU, and Utah go the the Big 12 now.  Word on the street is that Stanford might make a go out of it as an independent.  Who knows what Cal is going to do (their athletic department is a dumpster fire).  Oregon St and Wash St probably merge with the Mountain West schools.

Would Cal do something so radical as to drop alot of sports? 

5 minutes ago, Micheal said:

B1G West                              

USC

UCLA

Oregon

Washington

Nebraska

Iowa

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Illinois

B1G East

Northwestern

Purdue

Michigan State

Michigan

Ohio State

Penn Sate

Maryland

Rutgers

Indiana

@Red Five  Maybe, those sports do something like this and mainly just play their division.  So, Oregon would mostly only travel the farthest to Wisconsin and Illinois.  That isn't that bad of travel.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Micheal said:

B1G West                              

USC

UCLA

Oregon

Washington

Nebraska

Iowa

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Illinois

B1G East

Northwestern

Purdue

Michigan State

Michigan

Ohio State

Penn Sate

Maryland

Rutgers

Indiana

Maybe cancel one non-conference foe.  Actually I prefer zero non-conference opponents.  12 teams regular schedule ..... all B1G opponents

1 hour ago, ECisGod said:

Affording travel isn't the issue.  The issue is that they are supposed to be students first (student-athlete) and most of them will not become professional athletes even in football and/or basketball.  If you spend all your time traveling for sports, it is hard to get your degree and move into your chosen profession.  I know they all have access to tutors and can take a lot of their classes online now, but there are many athletes that wouldn't be in college if it were only decided on their ability to do the schoolwork.

True story: I traveled with the team while in school at Clemson, and we had a Thursday night game and had to miss a test, university approved. There were 5 of us who missed the test...and the teacher was pissed. He gave the class the usual, 52 question multiple choice test, so a possibility of a 104. He gave us a make up test which was 5 essay questions, 20 points each with subjective grading. No one made over a 24, I made a 19. I'm not saying this happens a lot, but there are professors who will punish kids for not being in class. 

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, killer cacti said:

True story: I traveled with the team while in school at Clemson, and we had a Thursday night game and had to miss a test, university approved. There were 5 of us who missed the test...and the teacher was pissed. He gave the class the usual, 52 question multiple choice test, so a possibility of a 104. He gave us a make up test which was 5 essay questions, 20 points each with subjective grading. No one made over a 24, I made a 19. I'm not saying this happens a lot, but there are professors who will punish kids for not being in class. 

I ran track/cross country at a D3 school and there were professors that considered missing class for a meet an unexcused absence.  Only a couple of prof's, but it was a huge pain.

39 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I wonder if the B1G or SEC will push to change to eligibility for the 12 team playoff.  Right now the 6 highest conference champions get an auto bid.  My guess is they try to push it down to 4 or 5 so they have a better chance of getting 1 more team in each year. 

One conference just disappeared. :wacko:

• TBH 1