Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What a load of BS.  For some reason, the NCAA has it out for FSU this year.

So, the transfer player went on a visit where this happened, then didn't transfer, stayed with his current team then went to the NCAA and told them everything that happened on the visit?  Give me a break.  I'd be interested in knowing where the transfer is from.

Yeah I'm very interested in this! 

On 1/12/2024 at 9:56 AM, BigRedBuster said:

What a load of BS.  For some reason, the NCAA has it out for FSU this year.

So, the transfer player went on a visit where this happened, then didn't transfer, stayed with his current team then went to the NCAA and told them everything that happened on the visit?  Give me a break.  I'd be interested in knowing where the transfer is from.

NCAA does stupid crap. Hopefully Div1 breaks away. 

• 2 weeks later...

7 minutes ago, nic said:

I'm all for it.  Get us even deeper in the Texas recruiting market.  I had posted some time ago on some thread, that A&M didn't want to become Texas little brother again and if any team were to leave the SEC - it might be them.  

Besides we need to revenge this

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
On 1/25/2024 at 1:55 PM, nic said:

I could see this.  There were rumors before.  Texas A&M hasn't been much of a winner in the Big XII or SEC.  Hello 1998 and Sirr Parker!  It would make less sense for FSU though without a southeast travel partner like Miami.  I'm sure Mizzou would jump at the chance as a better cultural fit but would the Big Ten want them along with A&M?

On 1/25/2024 at 1:55 PM, nic said:

Folks may have forgotten that aTm was part of the five team Big XII to Big Ten realignment from the late 00s that started this whole thing (along with Mizzery, Kansas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma). 

Problem was, aTm were being b**chy prima donnas and busted the agreement up because they didn't like the payouts. But the Big Ten already did their homework on this school (and others) and were willing to accept them then. My only concern is that aTm will still be a b***hy prima donna (despite not having done anything of consequence...ever) and try to be Texass 2.0 in the B1G. 

Granted, I don't think Michigan or Ohio State (or USC, or Oregon) will put up with that s***, but here we are.

My takeaway question with all of this is if aTm moves to the B1G, who is their moving buddy? Florida State? Clemson? Mizzery?

Also, will the SEC finally lock it's current teams into a GOR to prevent them from hopping beds faster than a Southern Baptist wife if they fail to get a better contract that the B1G again (which is looking more and more likely)?

This would be interesting and would certainly change dynamics between the BIG and the SEC. I think it would be the first time either the BIG or SEC poached a team from the other, and an existing SEC team leaving the conference to join the BIG would certainly give the BIG a one up in the argument over who the #1 conference is. 

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Gawd, how much would Husker fans give for their moving partner to be Oklahoma??

Oklahoma to the B1G was in the works when Oklahoma's former President was around. But as soon as he retired, the focus on improving academics at OU went out the window, and so did any desire to shack up with the B1G. 

At one point the Oklahoma to the B1G chatter was so strong, OU beat writers were extolling the virtues of the academically-sound B1G, including the education consortium, and how it would benefit Oklahoma in the long run. Unfortunately their meth-addled fans wanted the SEC...and be careful what you wish for...

...at least they'll get their inter-conference discount back now that they're in a conference with Mizzery again. 

• Haha 1

UNC and NC St. are tied at the hip.  If UNC decides to leave without little brother, they have to pay them LOADS of money. 

Miami and FSU will be the first set of ACC teams to join.  Both teams already have the go ahead from the B1G when the ACC’s GOR is dissolved.  Also, the AAU status for FSU doesn’t mean squat to the other B1G members but FSU is on their way to gaining it. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1