Gilbert Arrested

2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Is it under $500?

Everyone makes mistakes. 

1600 stolen and 650 in damages. Felony. And a 5k bond. He’s gone. He was on the practice squad and already having troubles as is before this. Best to cut bait.

mental health or not when a man cares less about his own future than his coaches…time to cut it. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3
1 hour ago, Husker816 said:

He's had mental health issues reportedly in the past. Wonder if he was off his medication. 

Some talk in a podcast that he didn’t seem to be adjusting well to yet another team.  Mental health issues are hard enough for a person living a typical life, magnified many times over for  athletes. 

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

I love Doritos with Sprite playing video games.  Sometimes Mtn Dew or 7up.  Or even a Pepsi with ice

Doritos are the best

1 hour ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

Have you tried the pineapple jalapeno ones?

What are two guys higher than a kite, Alex?

:D

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I hope that Gilbert and perhaps NU sues the NCAA.

They begged for a waiver, citing mental health issues.  The NCAA did nothing, they let that waiver request sit on a desk for the last 3 months (I think), while a kid suffered, not knowing his future.

You either do treat mental health as a disease or you don't and we stop talking about it.  But since we treat it as a disease the NCAA needs to be held accountable for not helping this guy out.  Instead they let him twist in the wind only adding to his stress and anxiety. 

• TBH 3
21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I hope that Gilbert and perhaps NU sues the NCAA.

They begged for a waiver, citing mental health issues.  The NCAA did nothing, they let that waiver request sit on a desk for the last 3 months (I think), while a kid suffered, not knowing his future.

You either do treat mental health as a disease or you don't and we stop talking about it.  But since we treat it as a disease the NCAA needs to be held accountable for not helping this guy out.  Instead they let him twist in the wind only adding to his stress and anxiety. 

I’ve always been confused as to why mental health issues should play a part in the waiver decision.