*** Official Colorado Game Thread ***

Mavric

13 minutes ago, Terrabus said:

We showed so many bright spots in this game. We had improvement in so many areas, too. But the mistakes in crucial moments once again hurt us. 

I can honestly say I'm walking away with mixed feelings here.  We did so much better in this game but the results were still dismal for all the same reasons. 

I actually totally agree with you. This team is going to be fine if we are patient. They were definitely the better team overall in the first half and were essentially destroyed by one player, Sims. You can’t expect the defense to continue to step up under these circumstances. They actually held out longer than I thought. 

I would probably start looking to make a change at QB tho. I’m not saying the other two are world beaters but the defense is decent and will keep us in games if we don’t just hand the ball to the other team. 

• Fire 2
3 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I predict that we lose our next three games and we will be 0-5 in October. Rhule and his crew have shown no signs to the contrary 

Like I seen earlier today. Turn the stadium into a Volleyball court. It's the only Nebraska sport that can sellout the stadium.

That was crap.  I had no doubt we would lose.  But I was incorrect in how well our defense played against Colorado’s talented mercenaries.    The game was not a blowout if we had a qb that doesn’t give the ball away.  4 forced turn overs my a$$.   1 maybe.  The defense can is capable of winning us 6 or more games.  Unfortunately the qb position will stop that from happening. I am still on board for how coach Thule is building the program over the flashy dion way.    Colorado will be at the bottom in 4 years once sanders has left for higher profile job.  Nebraska will still be here 

We self destructed our own momentum and handed them the ball and field position for so long that when they got it together the question was no longer in doubt.  The old saying, “It’s not just about X’s and O’s, but Jimmy’s and Joe’s” is quite relevant here.  

If people have watched football for a while, they know Rhule has rebuilt broken programs at places without any tradition - at both Baylor and Temple he had three wins, combined, for both teams’ first season.  It got a lot better.

Again, recruitting will be the key.  He can develop.  That’s one place that Sanders has a huge advantage in the nation. Kids want it be part of the hype and the NFL vets that hang around it.

Time will tell whether top talent will once again want to come to Lincoln.  I like the incoming class a lot so far.  Hang in there.

PS - The Ducks are going to give the Buffs a big dose.  

• TBH 2
1 minute ago, BigRedRig said:

We self destructed our own momentum and handed them the ball and field position for so long that when they got it together the question was no longer in doubt.  The old saying, “It’s not just about X’s and O’s, but Jimmy’s and Joe’s” is quite relevant here.  

If people have watched football for a while, they know Rhule has rebuilt broken programs at places without any tradition.  The first year at both Baylor and Temple at three wins, combined for both teams’ first season.  It got a lot better.

Again, recruitting will be the key.  He can develop.  That’s one place the Sanders has a huge advantage. Kids want it be part of it.  Time will tell whether top talent will once again want to come to Lincoln.  I like the incoming class a lot so far.  Hang in there.

PS - The Ducks are going to give the Buffs a big dose.  

I am going to bet a LOT of money if CU is somehow favored versus Oregon

• Fire 1