What did we learn? Colorado edition

The offense can’t get into a rhythm. Or capture or keep much of any momentum. That’s terribly difficult to do having multiple turnovers. QB play, receivers that can’t help him out, an offensive line that continues to underperform and an inconsistent rushing game. The mental errors continue to plague us.

We’re just not playing well offensively and it’s hard to imagine us improving a whole lot at this point.  Coach Rhule has his work cut out for him.

19 minutes ago, C-4 said:

Sanders is erratic with his accuracy and that stunted multiple Colorado drives today. Their run game was non-existent for the majority of the game. I expect the majority of our opponents to have better all-around offensive play.

Hmmm, a Qb sitting at 77% completion percentage after 2 games against P5 teams and throwing it more than 40 times both games doesn’t scream erratic to me. 

if so, I would love me an erratic qb

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3
27 minutes ago, C-4 said:

Sanders is erratic with his accuracy and that stunted multiple Colorado drives today. Their run game was non-existent for the majority of the game. I expect the majority of our opponents to have better all-around offensive play.

Colorado has the best offense we will face this year in scheme and personnel.  Maybe Michigan is close and Maryland has some of that but neither are as good as what we saw today. The rest of what we will face will be in a different category all together. 

I really did learn something from this game: Jeff Sims is not a serviceable QB for the B1G.

Can't believe our $72M coach and his coaches ran Thompson off. I feel pretty sure that Rhule says stuff like "Jeff Sims is an NFL-level QB" as a psychological tool to motivate players...hopefully...

Jeff is currently worth 3 turnovers per game. The runs he's getting could maybe just be accomplished with quick outside tosses to a running back. I know this wasn't a conference game but you just can't roll out a QB like this in the B1G, just can't. We'll be lucky to even win 4 games with Sims as the starter.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
5 minutes ago, Undone said:

I really did learn something from this game: Jeff Sims is not a serviceable QB for the B1G.

Can't believe our $72M coach and his coaches ran Thompson off. I feel pretty sure that Rhule says stuff like "Jeff Sims is an NFL-level QB" as a psychological tool to motivate players...hopefully...

Jeff is currently worth 3 turnovers per game. The runs he's getting could maybe just be accomplished with quick outside tosses to a running back. I know this wasn't a conference game but you just can't roll out a QB like this in the B1G, just can't. We'll be lucky to even win 4 games with Sims as the starter.

Rhule hand picked both Sims and Satterfield. Both respective fan bases for this two couldn't have them leave fast enough.

Matt is now faces with making a difficult decision on Sims.  When there's competency there, he can then see Satterfield more clearly for who he is or will be.

With the O Line as bad as they are, and us losing Raiola to Georgia, when do we look elsewhere to O Line development?

• Plus1 1

42 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

D- is way too good of a grade for this inept offense.

They scored a TD and ran the ball decently. 
An F is a shutout. 
one player deserves an F even tho he scored, his play overall was an F 

Bullock needs to catch. Fidone dropped one. OL offsides. Those are all D- plays.