****Michigan Game Thread****

I'd love to win. I do not think we will.  I really want the D to have success and continue to be one of the best against the run.  Michigan is not going to me made one dimensional. They can pass and run.  Be interesting to see how we match up to their O.  I expect NU to hand defensively, but simply get worn out as the game progresses.  Much like NU did to teams in the 80's-90's.  We just dont have the depth to bang for 4 quarters against better competition.  Nor do we have an O that is capable of putting up a ton of points in a quick manner.  I am not  a moral victory guy, but keeping it within 7-10 points speaks well for what Rhule is building.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'd love to win. I do not think we will.  I really want the D to have success and continue to be one of the best against the run.  Michigan is not going to me made one dimensional. They can pass and run.  Be interesting to see how we match up to their O.  I expect NU to hand defensively, but simply get worn out as the game progresses.  Much like NU did to teams in the 80's-90's.  We just dont have the depth to bang for 4 quarters against better competition.  Nor do we have an O that is capable of putting up a ton of points in a quick manner.  I am not  a moral victory guy, but keeping it within 7-10 points speaks well for what Rhule is building.

You see it just how I do.   I’m hoping for a clean competitive defensive game where the offense can do enough to put up 10 points and Michigan stays under 20.   In my mind that would show continued progress from the Minnesota game. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Did I hear that correctly? Did someone on Fox really say Michigan is on "upset alert?"

I think Michigan wins this pretty comfortably, 38-13. Only way we pull an upset is if Michigan turns it over 5+ times, like the 2009 Iowa State game.

We really have nothing to lose, at home. Gonna be a muggy hot afternoon,  maybe it gets to those Michigan boys. Crazier things have happened.