What players leave? 2023/24 version

Ty Rob and Nash leaning on coming back next year would be huge.  Best news for sure.

@Mavric you mentioned a bad feeling about Fidone.  Is that just reading the tea leaves?  Or a gut feeling from too much cranburry sauce before thanksgiving dinner?  

He always seemed to be all-in (N).  Unless he has strong NFL goals and might be considering a different place with a solid passing game.  I would understand that.        

1 minute ago, admo said:

Ty Rob and Nash leaning on coming back next year would be huge.  Best news for sure.

@Mavric you mentioned a bad feeling about Fidone.  Is that just reading the tea leaves?  Or a gut feeling from too much cranburry sauce before thanksgiving dinner?  

He always seemed to be all-in (N).  Unless he has strong NFL goals and might be considering a different place with a solid passing game.  I would understand that.        

Just a feeling.  Seems like he's had nothing but bad luck since he got here.  And when he finally got on the field we could barely make an effort to get him the ball.

It just wouldn't surprise me if he'd like the chance to play in a different offense.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

16 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Just a feeling.  Seems like he's had nothing but bad luck since he got here.  And when he finally got on the field we could barely make an effort to get him the ball.

It just wouldn't surprise me if he'd like the chance to play in a different offense.

Thank you I know what you mean 

On 10/3/2023 at 9:16 AM, Red Five said:

Here is the list of scholarship juniors would be seniors this year w/o the Covid year.  (Because Nebraska has to Nebraska, they list these guys as juniors to cause confusion when 90% of the other programs in the county list them as seniors.)

I would guess 5 is the max we see come back because a) not many kids want to be in college for 6 years and 2) Rhule can tell them they don't have a scholarship anymore.

Jeff Sims

Rahmir Johnson

Isaiah Garcia-Castaneda

Bryce Benhart

Turner Corcoran

Ethan Piper

Ben Scott

Nash Hutmacher

Ty Robinson

Nick Henrich

Garrett Snodgrass

MJ Sherman

John Bullock

Javin Wright

Tommi Hill

Marques Buford

DeShon Singleton

Isaac Gifford

Phalen Sanford

Timmy Bleekrode

Brian Buschini

I don’t want to lose Hutmacher! The guy’s a beast!

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
On 11/24/2023 at 7:18 AM, Red Five said:

Scholarship players with eligibility left in this video:

Bleekrode

Bullock

Gifford

Gunnerson

Henrich

Piper

Sanford

Snodgrass

Also Marcus Washington is the only listed senior that was not in it.

I didn't realize both Gunnerson and Hahn walked for Senior Day.  Both are fourth-year sophomores.

Hahn was on the field here and there and actually got more snaps down the stretch but I could see him calling it a career if he doesn't think he'll ever really be in the mix.

Gunnerson is surprising.  He was a starter at the beginning of the year.  Although his snap count dropped considerably in B1G play.

It doesn't mean either has to leave but it's probably leaning that way.

• Plus1 3