Potential Assistant coach change(s)

16 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Seriously.  That would be a major buzz kill. No guarantee replacement could reproduce as good of results and the guys might have to learn yet another system.  Kills growth if you don't stick to what you're doing for long.

Not to mention we have heavily recruited towards a 3-3-5. Unless we make an in-house hire I’m not sure we are gonna replace him at all. 

52 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I doubt he takes it... this year.  Just a hunch.  He's a defensive coordinator and he's trying to bring back the black shirts.  If he can do that this year he's taking the next HC job he's offered 

Money.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I doubt he takes it... this year.  Just a hunch.  He's a defensive coordinator and he's trying to bring back the black shirts.  If he can do that this year he's taking the next HC job he's offered 

Depends how much he loves his alma mater.

57 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

I don't know why he wouldn't take it.

I mean the fact that a sitting head coach wanted to be out of there so badly that he just up and quit to take a lesser job at another school should probably give any potential candidate pause, you know?

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
  • Worth a Look 1
6 hours ago, Toe said:

I mean the fact that a sitting head coach wanted to be out of there so badly that he just up and quit to take a lesser job at another school should probably give any potential candidate pause, you know?

Chip was a dead man walking. Their DC going to SC was the nail in the coffin. He should’ve just been fired after last year. 

So let's say Tony White does leave what are the ramifications from that?  Do certain players transfer out to follow him bc of the defense he runs or is that even a possibility bc your already locked in to your scholarship?  I understand that HC Matt Rhule would have to find another DC and the defense would have to learn another system so those are 2 things that could come from him leaving.

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So let's say Tony White does leave what are the ramifications from that?  Do certain players transfer out to follow him bc of the defense he runs or is that even a possibility bc you’re already locked in to your scholarship?  I understand that HC Matt Rhule would have to find another DC and the defense would have to learn another system so those are 2 things that could come from him leaving.

Probably after spring. Classes have already started again. Little late to transfer now. 

On 2/9/2024 at 9:34 PM, Toe said:

Seems there's a good chance White at least gets an interview...

It would be interesting to see what Chadwell's offense would do in the B1G.  @lo country and I had him at the top of our leader board before Rhule was hired.  (BTW: I'm very satisfied with Rhule & thought he was a great hire - and not on my radar at the beginning of the coach search).   But if Chadwell's system plays well in the B1G, I'd hate to play against it.  Maybe in 8 years after being at UCLA, he replaces a retiring Rhule when his contract expires :D

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

FWIW...

GGJa-b0W0AA0si0?format=png&name=small

Great to see Rhule's attitude. I think that attitude also plays well with the players as it shows his heart that he wants to advance the deserving players in the same way he doesn't want to hold back staff from what they deserve.   Butttttt if Tony goes, I hope Rhule has as great of a replacement in his back pocket.  Someone would be able to retain all of the players and keep them from transferring out after spring ball. 

• TBH 3