JUCO WR Demond Demas

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Street Novelist said:

It is, until he beats up a woman, or God forbid, something worse. Then it's always the same story. The normal suspects will come in this thread and say things like "Well, at least we gave him a chance." Or, "Could not have seen that coming."

I wonder if you would feel differently if the woman he beat up and broke her teeth were your sister or cousin. 

Eye roll please

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Street Novelist said:

It is, until he beats up a woman, or God forbid, something worse. Then it's always the same story. The normal suspects will come in this thread and say things like "Well, at least we gave him a chance." Or, "Could not have seen that coming."

I wonder if you would feel differently if the woman he beat up and broke her teeth were your sister or cousin. 

Of course I would, I am normal.  I am not like some people that pretend it would not change things.

Just having a 24/7 babysitter is excessive. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • 1 month later...

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Instagram bio now says “ballcatcher @huskerfootball”.

I think he got an NIL scholarship. Explains the canceled visit. 

Credit where it's due:  you were right on Ruggeroli.  

I was pretty sure we were out of scholarships but didn't consider the option of getting him on a walk-on/NIL deal.  Seems likely that is the case here as well.

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

He has a scholarship offer contingent on him on grades.  I know he does not have many offers, but he can lose any federal help if he takes an NIL offer as this income.

That may be true but it's more of the point of... how many scholarship guys did we have last year? As in NIL guys & real schollies? And the Ruggeroli addition... it's an interesting time for college sports.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Credit where it's due:  you were right on Ruggeroli.  

I was pretty sure we were out of scholarships but didn't consider the option of getting him on a walk-on/NIL deal.  Seems likely that is the case here as well.

People keep saying we are out and over the numbers, but why do we assume the staff won't move guys along to make room for talent that wants in?  You find a way if all of a sudden blue chip guys want to sign up.

6 minutes ago, DGNU said:

That may be true but it's more of the point of... how many scholarship guys did we have last year? As in NIL guys & real schollies? And the Ruggeroli addition... it's an interesting time for college sports.

Agree, the last I looked we are currently at 96, give or take.  Rhule said he would not force anyone out & we are seeing several 5th yr guys coming back. Ruggeroli I understand, but Dermas seems to be in the pay for play category. I'm sure the Huskers have someone that understands this better than we do.  Plus it appears the NCAA has lost their backbone. 

• Fire 1
Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Agree, the last I looked we are currently at 96, give or take.  Rhule said he would not force anyone out & we are seeing several 5th yr guys coming back. Ruggeroli I understand, but Dermas seems to be in the pay for play category. I'm sure the Huskers have someone that understands this better than we do.  Plus it appears the NCAA has lost their backbone. 

You're giving the NCAA way too much credit fore believing they ever possessed  a backbone.