2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

7 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Nobody really talking about it much but we need a linebacker or two.

Yeah, I like Wright and Gbayor, and Bullock started slow but I thought was solid at the end of the year. But there is no depth, especially if Gbayor stays at Jack rather than true LB. Rhule had some nice things to say about Dylan Rogers and maybe Eric Fields grows into LB instead of Rover. But it's still scary thin, and I don't think the 2024 class will be much help. Prude is interesting but needs development time, and McGahee/Lee seem like Jacks and not LBs. We need at least a rotational guy from the portal.

15 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Yeah, I like Wright and Gbayor, and Bullock started slow but I thought was solid at the end of the year. But there is no depth, especially if Gbayor stays at Jack rather than true LB. Rhule had some nice things to say about Dylan Rogers and maybe Eric Fields grows into LB instead of Rover. But it's still scary thin, and I don't think the 2024 class will be much help. Prude is interesting but needs development time, and McGahee/Lee seem like Jacks and not LBs. We need at least a rotational guy from the portal.

I forsee them wanting PWill to take over that spot going forward with MJ sprinkled in depending on matchup. Hopefully that will allow for Gbayor to play soley at ILB. 

28 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Where is it coming from that we are a major player for him? Not saying it isn't true, but just wondering.

Exactly.  There are so many of these random twitter Husker accounts.  I have never heard of 402Boneyard.

The 247Husker account is probably the best of the bunch (and is not related to the Husker 247 recruiting site).  They just aggregate (otherwise known as "steal") everything (similar to that NFL Dov Klieman account).  HuskerCorner is obviously the worst Husker site/twitter.

31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Exactly.  There are so many of these random twitter Husker accounts.  I have never heard of 402Boneyard.

The 247Husker account is probably the best of the bunch (and is not related to the Husker 247 recruiting site).  They just aggregate (otherwise known as "steal") everything (similar to that NFL Dov Klieman account).  HuskerCorner is obviously the worst Husker site/twitter.

Maybe @ChubbaWubba could start a new thread.

• Plus1 1

Looking at the film on Shapen.  
More fluid and technically sound than what we have.

Accuracy and touch look good. 
Doesn’t show great arm strength or velocity.

Some running ability.

Has a lot of time in pocket and receivers running free. Would he have that here? 
Would like to know more about his ball security, decisions under pressure, and roll out busted plays proficiency.

He’s better than what we have so definitely interested.

Baylor OC Grimes was let go. We can find a role for him here. I sort of liked what Grimes did with the Baylor offense.