2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

20 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Highly touted recruit and UCLA QB Dante Moore in the portal. From what I saw of him he needs work. Bad body language and seemed like he didn’t want to be at UCLA. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/dante-moore-enters-transfer-portal-touted-ucla-qb-to-explore-options-after-rocky-freshman-season/amp/

Almost went to Ohio St out of high school. If he were to choose them now that could trigger a certain domino effect that could benefit Nebraska. 

Just now, chamrocck said:

What’s the word on McCall?  I haven’t watched him much. System QB or could he play here?  

I think he's a bit of a system QB, could probably still play here - but has no reason to. The people talking about McCall coming here in the past were suggesting it if we hired his OC instead of Whipple, or HC instead of Rhule. As far as I know he has no ties here. And I guess neither did Thompson or Sims, but I just don't see it.

2 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Highly touted recruit and UCLA QB Dante Moore in the portal. From what I saw of him he needs work. Bad body language and seemed like he didn’t want to be at UCLA. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/dante-moore-enters-transfer-portal-touted-ucla-qb-to-explore-options-after-rocky-freshman-season/amp/

He fumbled vs Cal and lost his helmet on the play, literally spent time sitting on the field straightening out his head sock before even looking to see who recovered his fumble.