2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Regarding the toughness of playing QB in the Big Ten - in admittedly limited action and with incredible skill talent, Hudson Card was a 65% passer with an 11/2 TD/INT ratio and 7.9 YPA at Texas. At Purdue, with decent skill talent, that was 59%, 15/8, and 6.5. The AAC is another step down but Mordecai and Bryant also saw huge decreases in their stats. There are a lot of bad QBs in this conference, but there are also a lot of average ones made to look bad.

To me, that’s a selling point. Come here, if you are good, you have proven you can go against good defenses. 

I don't think I saw it mentioned but Cam Ward is graduating Dec 9th. They're not expecting him take any official visits until after that.

From what I read from Wazzu fans, Ward would play hero ball at times - try to extend a play too much and end up taking a huge untimely sack or fumble it.

Honestly though, I would be happy with any of the guys we've visited because they're all proven at the P5 level and would be an upgrade over what we have (left.)

Edited by GSG
  • TBH 2

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I continue to be interested in the exodus from OSU. 

Backup RB wants to be the bell cow for his 5th year. I wish it meant something and OSU was crumbling, but I'm telling you they are perfectly content with every one of their portal entries so far moving on. They would've liked McCord and Fleming as depth, but that's it.

• Plus1 3

Honest question/observation.  I wonder what type of offense we are planning to use next year.  (Don't want another discussion of scheme/identity).  Basically a dual threat QB or more "traditional" passing QB.   I think by default and circumstances we ran the QB A LOT. Some by design and necessity.  BUT, it looks like we are interviewing QB's with a diverse skill sets.  Some appear to be true "traditional" passing QB's.  Other more dual threat.  I am ASSuming that looking at more traditional QB's we are possibly going away from the "running qb", but then Howard is being looked at.  More dual threat guy.  Do we simply run a style based upon the QB?  Can our current O do just as well in one vs the other.  

My .02 is that Satt has a more pro style traditional bent, so I am guessing we might be leaning that way to get an O he "wants" or is more comfortable with.  Just seems we are looking for QB's not like our current 3.