What did we learn? Mich St version

Red Five

20 hours ago, Waldo said:

KCBuc… come on down, you’re the next contestant on Do We Run Enough. 

LOL !  Yeah it's funny to hear that we don't run it enough.

On record, if you know me, I have always been the odd one who is "Throw the Damn Ball Guy".   I love me some passing! chuckleshuffle

20 hours ago, lo country said:

Hell no.  We can't even be #1 in anything!:D

LOL well I really do like how Emmet Johnson runs, and I do like how Haarberg runs in space.  I think the running game has been a pleasant surprise.  Especially after losing Gabe and Rahmir to injuries, and AG getting bypassed by EJ for ball security reasons.  And the O-Line has had their injuries too.  And then incorporate defenses that stack the box a little bit from not having a good passing game threat........  So yeah, the running game has been pretty good IMO with all things considered.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, admo said:

LOL well I really do like how Emmet Johnson runs, and I do like how Haarberg runs in space.  I think the running game has been a pleasant surprise.  Especially after losing Gabe and Rahmir to injuries, and AG getting bypassed by EJ for ball security reasons.  And the O-Line has had their injuries too.  And then incorporate defenses that stack the box a little bit from not having a good passing game threat........  So yeah, the running game has been pretty good IMO with all things considered.  

Haha.  I can't complain at all.  Get a little more creative to defeat the 8 guys in the box and our running game will take off.  Another year in the weight room and EJ has the potential to be very good.   I like the multiple comments this week from the staff about Malachai and his blocking as a receiver.  Something that, imho, has been missing.  Receivers lead blocking or setting the edge on screens or outside runs.  I'm hoping that this was a subtle jab at the TE/receiver group to step up and be physical.  Again, I can't complain about the running game at all.  Well maybe actually learn how to run the option better:D

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, lo country said:

Haha.  I can't complain at all.  Get a little more creative to defeat the 8 guys in the box and our running game will take off.  Another year in the weight room and EJ has the potential to be very good.   I like the multiple comments this week from the staff about Malachai and his blocking as a receiver.  Something that, imho, has been missing.  Receivers lead blocking or setting the edge on screens or outside runs.  I'm hoping that this was a subtle jab at the TE/receiver group to step up and be physical.  Again, I can't complain about the running game at all.  Well maybe actually learn how to run the option better:D

Emmet is already good.  He can become better as the year goes on, and then next year and the year after.  I really enjoy seeing this kid run low and hard.  He has the patience and vision, plus some quick burst.  Most of his runs are up the gut.  They haven't run him outside yet (or much at all from seeing all his carries).

As for the bold, it's just praise.  These youngsters are 1st year players in the program, and if it wasn't for the massive injuries to the WR room, what you see this year is what they would be trying to do next year.  Which is perfect, because it means they are already ahead of schedule going through the growing pains in your first year.  The compliments prove that they can do some valuable things this year.  And now, ultimately, they can go into the offseason and Spring Season with film and tape on them and what to work on and improve on going into next year.  Plus it gives them something to be excited about off season.  Which to me is all I could have asked for.  To be ahead of the curve next year.  To know they already have some experience and not be a newcomer next year, lightly sprinkled into the rotation.  They are going through the growing pains this year.  And I love it.  

• Plus1 1

On 11/4/2023 at 4:41 PM, knapplc said:

We had the game-winning play dialed up and Haarberg missed the WR by 10 yards and it was intercepted. It's not the OC's fault.

Thank you. I entered this year not psyched about the Satt hire. But despite this abortion of an offense I actually think the guy is doing a good job. No one is perfect but he is putting this team which is completely without offensive talent in positions to succeed as much as he can be expected to under the circumstances. Plays were there all day if you watch. HH is really really bad at QB. I hate saying negative stuff about kids but make him a TE or something else. He makes Tebows mechanics look flawless. He’s not fixable

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1