What did we learn? Mich St version

Red Five

20 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

A good one.

In all seriousness, go grab Aaron Best from Eastern Washington (current HC).

Honest question, Would he have clout to recruit or would this be just as much of a head scratch as Raiola is? If he’s that good then it would be a win-win for both the programs we root for because he’s not hacking it in Cheney while the Montana schools right themselves at Ewoo‘s expense 

21 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Honest question, Would he have clout to recruit or would this be just as much of a head scratch as Raiola is? If he’s that good then it would be a win-win for both the programs we root for because he’s not hacking it in Cheney while the Montana schools right themselves at Ewoo‘s expense 

I think he is a legit OL coach in my personal experiences with him. As far as "clout", I cannot think of any OL coach that has clout with recruits...outside of building a solid OL system, so obviously he would have to build that, which I think Best has the chops to do.

Just now, teachercd said:

I mean statistically HH is way worse in terms of turnovers.  

That's doing a lot of mental gymnastics to come up with that.  HH technically has more because he's played more than twice as much.  Sims hasn't even played three full games and has 9 turnovers.  How often he turns it over is Sims by a long shot.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
21 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That's doing a lot of mental gymnastics to come up with that.  HH technically has more because he's played more than twice as much.  Sims hasn't even played three full games and has 9 turnovers.  How often he turns it over is Sims by a long shot.

Right…He technically has more.

i’m guessing you’ve Sims played as much as HH as Sims would have more.

which the statistical data we have for this season makes HH worse.  It’s not bad to admit that.  

I mean, it’s also easy to see that the offense looked way better when Simpson Purdy were in. 

in the end the only reason this game was lost is because they decided to throw in the end zone from the 5 yard line for no reason. They could’ve just ran the ball up the middle chewed off another 45 seconds kicked a field goal chewed  off another five seconds kicked off, chewed off another five seconds, and given the ball to a pathetic Maryland team with White… Three minutes left. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Sims is the worst QB we've had in 20 years and it's not close.

Sims fumbled and threw an interception on back-to-back plays. 

Three plays, 2 yards, 2 turnovers on 2 offensive drives.  He continually sends our defense back onto the field.  

Not only is HH better than Sims, Purdy is better too.  Purdy!

Purdy looked ok compared to Sims.  

• TBH 1
17 hours ago, Mavric said:

Sims is the worst QB we've had in 20 years and it's not close.

17 hours ago, Mavric said:

17 hours ago, teachercd said:

I mean statistically HH is way worse in terms of turnovers.  

Is there a point to this argument? Neither should be playing QB at an FBS school. That's the point here folks should be getting from this.  Arguing over who sucks less is just nonsense now.

• Plus1 2