Confidence Level - Final 2 Games - Will we earn a bowl bid?

TGHusker

How confident are you that we will get to 6 wins  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• NOW 2 Games remain— a new Question has been addy
    3 Games left.  MSU game placed a sour taste in our mouths.  It was figured to be the easiest game of the 4 remaining. 

2 of the next 3 games are at home  - Maryland and Iowa.  Wiscy is away.

What is your confidence level that we secure the magical 6th game win to obtain the bowl invitation?

Who do we beat to get there - all 3, 2, 1 or none?  This poll option is multiple choice.  

Personally,  I think we beat Iowa - we just have to score 14 points vs their 10 points.  It will be a slumber fest on offense.   I sure don't want

it to come down the last game.  Iowa will have revenge on their mind after we denied them the West Crown last year at their place.

Maryland - with our offense - I have my doubts and they also pass better then many teams which will stress our D.   I have my doubts unless The Rhule can pull

a rabbit from the hat to put some juice in the O.  - Purdy?? (doubtful).   The D will have to step up and get some TOs.   Maybe if Satt finally gets

a clue and goes with a heavy set and we do ball control to keep the ball from Maryland.  Fullback, 2 TE sets and just pound the rock. 

Wiscy - it is at their place.  If we couldn't generate the motivation and energy at lowly MSU, how will we be able to do so at rowdy Camp Randal?

GBR - One day at a time.  One game at a time.  Enjoy the process. 

• Plus1 1

I have no idea how this is going to go, but they are all 3 beatable. Also wouldn't be shocked if we go 0-3 though.

Maryland is crumbling, and I do think our defense is going to come out angry. Their offense can be explosive, but I think we can match up well like we did against Colorado for 2.5 quarters. We just need our offense to avoid continuously putting them in bad positions, but that might be asking too much. It does scare me a little that Maryland has actually been pretty good against the run and susceptible against the pass, we couldn't take advantage of that last week.

Wisconsin is a mystery right now - it'll be their senior day which is bad for us, but unless it's a night game and they beat NW I don't think the atmosphere will be anything crazy. And I kinda expect them to lose to NW - Locke is still making some freshman mistakes that NW can definitely capitalize on. 

First to 10 might win against Iowa, unless there are defensive or special teams scores. 

34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The team will be back home and that will help.

That is my hope.   My confidence level with the Maryland game is about 45%.  

28 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Maryland is crumbling

As you are saying - that is what gets my confidence level up close to 50/50.  My hedge isn't our D but our O.  We have to score some points.  

58 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

3 Games left.  MSU game placed a sour taste in our mouths.  It was figured to be the easiest game of the 4 remaining. 

2 of the next 3 games are at home  - Maryland and Iowa.  Wiscy is away.

What is your confidence level that we secure the magical 6th game win to obtain the bowl invitation?

Who do we beat to get there - all 3, 2, 1 or none?  This poll option is multiple choice.  

Personally,  I think we beat Iowa - we just have to score 14 points vs their 10 points.  It will be a slumber fest on offense.   I sure don't want

it to come down the last game.  Iowa will have revenge on their mind after we denied them the West Crown last year at their place.

Maryland - with our offense - I have my doubts and they also pass better then many teams which will stress our D.   I have my doubts unless The Rhule can pull

a rabbit from the hat to put some juice in the O.  - Purdy?? (doubtful).   The D will have to step up and get some TOs.   Maybe if Satt finally gets

a clue and goes with a heavy set and we do ball control to keep the ball from Maryland.  Fullback, 2 TE sets and just pound the rock. 

Wiscy - it is at their place.  If we couldn't generate the motivation and energy at lowly MSU, how will we be able to do so at rowdy Camp Randal?

GBR - One day at a time.  One game at a time.  Enjoy the process. 

Great thread to spin up.  I think we were all humbled on saturday but a wildly successful season is still up for grabs (I already consider this season a success for year 1 but I know I'm in the minority on this).

I voted we get the 6th win this week though I also think we f'n end our streak against wisconsin too.  I went back and forth on this saturday- Maryland is on quite the slide but they're also facing non bowl eligibility (after a great start) and have michigan on deck next week.  Usually I'd say they might be looking ahead but something tells me this week is their season and they'll come out firing.

I have confidence against iowa but I think we'd all agree lets have that game mean bragging rights only, I do not want to be sitting at 5-6 on thanksgiving day, id like to enjoy my feast and not be a nervous wreck for black friday.

We really need a bowl game folks, the extra 2.5-3 weeks of practice would be the biggest boost to this progrum since the conclusion of the 09 season

I said yes and picked a W for all 3, because hey I’m an optimist. 

For level of confidence in those wins, I’d say…

1- We beat Iowa. Their lack of offense might be more pronounced than ours and we have them at home.

2- We should beat Maryland. They have struggled against good defenses and probably have the worst D of the 3 so maybe our O might do just enough at home.

3- Wisconsin. Tough road game no matter how bad they suck this year. Will require winning the turnover and field position battles.

I think our D and ST will play better than they did this week. It remains to be seen if our O can do enough/anything and not turn the ball over.

• Oh Yeah! 3

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

So I wonder how The Rhule motivates this week. :dunno I didn't hear if we had a Sunday practice??   Devastating turnovers can affect the O and take the steam out of the D.  

Can really only do the hard Sunday night practice once a year. I think Rhule can approach the team with “we won 3 games with great energy, and then you didn’t bring that energy against Michigan State.  Let’s get back to the energy we had in October, in front of our home crowd, and be the physical team we want to be”

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
33 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

That is my nervous :ohnoes concern - what team shows up and when :ahhhhhhhh  The predictability factor is very unpredictable!

It's rough. I think we took a step backward last week against Sparty. They just looked flat and uninterested. 

Against Purdue, they were pissed and got after it. Purdue had our attention. 

We just need to eliminate those flat games at least once in the next three, and we can go to a bowl. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to Confidence Level - Final 2 Games - Will we earn a bowl bid?