Confidence Level - Final 2 Games - Will we earn a bowl bid?

TGHusker

How confident are you that we will get to 6 wins  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 11/11/2023 at 5:36 PM, Packerhuskerfan said:

I'm a no now.  We will lose close ones to Wisconsin and Iowa.  The QB play is just too poor and the turnovers are killer.  The playcalling on offense isn't playing to their strengths.  I'd like to make a bowl just so we don't continue to be the last Power 5 school to not make a bowl game.

There are no "strengths". If fans think they know what "strengths" there are, bet the opposing defense knows even more so and will gladly continue to line up to try and take those things away.

• TGHusker changed the title to Confidence Level - Final 2 Games - Will we earn a bowl bid?
53 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I have added one more question with 2 games remaining. 

I still think we will do enough to beat Iowa at our place.  However Wisky is playing even worse than we are so it may be a real opportunity to end that losing streak 

Unfortunately, our Huskers over the last decade have shown that no matter how bad our opponent is performing, we seem to find a way to make them look like world beaters. Look at Michigan state. They were 2-6 when they faced us and I thought it would be a win and we found a way to give the game away. We have had very little success in Wisconsin. They will be ready for us and they will win a close one, probably 10-7 or 13-10. After all, they are also fighting for bowl eligibility. As for Iowa, they seem to always play to their strengths. We should be able to win but given the recent struggles on offense, it is looking like we might end up with a 5-7 record. I would hate to miss out on a bowl game when we are so close but that depends on whether our offense decides to come out and play hard and eliminate turnovers. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I have added one more question with 2 games remaining. 

I still think we will do enough to beat Iowa at our place.  However Wisky is playing even worse than we are so it may be a real opportunity to end that losing streak 

The game is winnable! IF we don't give the ball away multiple times, can establish a decent ground game, use clock, minimize errors and, the defense plays soundly. Defensive score, even if it's a safety. Special teams limits their returns and gives the offense shorter fields to work with. Everything has to be better across the board to win either game. 

• Haha 1
AthlonSports projection bowls (link):
  • Las Vegas Bowl -- Huskers vs. Utah
Wl55N2n.png

Also (Athlon Projections) ...

Quick Lane Bowl .... Illinois vs. Eastern Michigan

Guaranteed Rate Bowl .... Wisconsin vs. Kansas

Pinstripe Bowl .... Rutgers vs. NC State

Music City Bowl .... Terps vs. Auburn

Citrus Bowl .... Iowa vs. Missouri

Peach Bowl (At-large) .... Penn St vs. Ole Miss 

Orange Bowl .... Ohio St vs. Louisville

Rose Bowl (CFP Final 4) .... Michigan vs. Florida State

Missed projections: Gophers (and sCUm)

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I am hoping two things reverse for NU.  

1) NU reverses the trend of US losing to 3rd string QB's no one has even heard of that put up Maddenesque numbers against us.  Now other teams get to see what it's like.  Purdy goes beast mode, plays like a Heisman finalist, we win and rush the field at Camp Randall....

2) NU ends it's own losing streak instead of ending Wisky's....MSU.....Maryland.....Now it's our turn to win.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
8 hours ago, lo country said:

I am hoping two things reverse for NU.  

1) NU reverses the trend of US losing to 3rd string QB's no one has even heard of that put up Maddenesque numbers against us.  Now other teams get to see what it's like.  Purdy goes beast mode, plays like a Heisman finalist, we win and rush the field at Camp Randall....

2) NU ends it's own losing streak instead of ending Wisky's....MSU.....Maryland.....Now it's our turn to win.

And end our losing streak to Wisky.  

• Oh Yeah! 2