Time to get to real

chamrocck

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Did Donovan Raiola cut you off in traffic or something? This obsession is getting out of hand.

No but the amount of love you are giving the guy is starting to make me think he has something on you. :lol:

Seriously I don’t really understand the hate on Satterfield who hasn’t been here a year with no QBs and this OL. Yes he made some bad play calls but this idea that we can just run the ball with guaranteed excellent results is fools gold. Raiola’s OL has been the weak link.  It was weird we kept him due to some mancrush on his nephew.  

So I say jettison them both because our offense is horrible. I think it’s more a Raiola problem and others think it is more a Satterfield problem. A&M snd Penn St. just let go of coaches better than ours so this is small peanuts for demanding better results and I would welcome upgrades at both our OL and OC. If you think coaching is the problem then name names to upgrade.

I tend to lean we have talent issues and lack of player depth as more of a problem than the coaching staff right now. But the amount of fire him now in other threads was too much. Ok fire him, but who do we get? I put some names out there. The schedule is only getting tougher. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2
51 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

No but the amount of love you are giving the guy is starting to make me think he has something on you. :lol:

Seriously I don’t really understand the hate on Satterfield who hasn’t been here a year with no QBs and this OL. Yes he made some bad play calls but this idea that we can just run the ball with guaranteed excellent results is fools gold. Raiola’s OL has been the weak link.  It was weird we kept him due to some mancrush on his nephew.  

So I say jettison them both because our offense is horrible. I think it’s more a Raiola problem and others think it is more a Satterfield problem. A&M snd Penn St. just let go of coaches better than ours so this is small peanuts for demanding better results and I would welcome upgrades at both our OL and OC. If you think coaching is the problem then name names to upgrade.

I tend to lean we have talent issues and lack of player depth as more of a problem than the coaching staff right now. But the amount of fire him now in other threads was too much. Ok fire him, but who do we get? I put some names out there. The schedule is only getting tougher. 

Does Satterfield make some bad play calls yes. It is also hard to judge what he can really do cause we have no QBs and they turn the ball over so much. Not saying he is good, but they have had some really bad luck with injuries on offense. 2 of our top 3 rbs got hurt. Washington out and Kemp has been out at times as well. Is the offensive line great? No. But they have shown signs of improvement especially in the run game. Still a lot of work to do but hopefully they can add a couple guys to get better on the line going forward. If we had an average QB they would be at least 7-3 right now. Just need a QB that can pass the ball to our guys and scramble to get yards when needed. 

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

Does Satterfield make some bad play calls yes. It is also hard to judge what he can really do cause we have no QBs and they turn the ball over so much. Not saying he is good, but they have had some really bad luck with injuries on offense. 2 of our top 3 rbs got hurt. Washington out and Kemp has been out at times as well. Is the offensive line great? No. But they have shown signs of improvement especially in the run game. Still a lot of work to do but hopefully they can add a couple guys to get better on the line going forward. If we had an average QB they would be at least 7-3 right now. Just need a QB that can pass the ball to our guys and scramble to get yards when needed. 

Yes, Shatterfield makes horrible play calls. 

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1
10 hours ago, Undone said:

I don't want Willy Korn at Nebraska. I don't want to prioritize the speed option & option variants. I want to bring in an actual QB who is good at actual QB things. You know, like reading a defense and throwing the ball? And honestly that player is probably Kaelin.

Let's start there. Willy Korn just gets you another Jeff Sims in here because you're prioritizing a track star QB who likely can't hit the broadside of Lancaster county in the passing game. Definitely tired of that stuff.

Husker football needs to let go of the option, IMO.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 3
10 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Really? You don’t understand the hate for Satterfield after watching some of his playcalling?

I may have been on the Fire Satt bandwagon in the heat of the moment following the Maryland game, but I won’t really be onboard until he screws us with a capable QB. But he sure doesn’t seem to customize his play calls to the abilities of the personnel he has. First and goal from well inside the 10 and one of his plays is a pass from the 3rd string QB, who is seeing his first game action this season? Run. The. Damn. Ball. Worst case you walk away with a FG up by 3 and put it in the hands of our more than capable defense.

There have been many more square peg round hole moments for him this season but that is the freshest and likely most damaging. I’ll relax and give him the chance to show what he can do with some half way capable players (hopefully) next year but the hate is not hard to understand.

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Really? You don’t understand the hate for Satterfield after watching some of his playcalling?

I may have been on the Fire Satt bandwagon in the heat of the moment following the Maryland game, but I won’t really be onboard until he screws us with a capable QB. But he sure doesn’t seem to customize his play calls to the abilities of the personnel he has. First and goal from well inside the 10 and one of his plays is a pass from the 3rd string QB, who is seeing his first game action this season? Run. The. Damn. Ball. Worst case you walk away with a FG up by 3 and put it in the hands of our more than capable defense.

There have been many more square peg round hole moments for him this season but that is the freshest and likely most damaging. I’ll relax and give him the chance to show what he can do with some half way capable players (hopefully) next year but the hate is not hard to understand.

No this is worse than that. His play calls was a pass from his 3rd string QB to true freshmen/ 2nd and 3rd string receivers that have been inconsistent catching the ball or running the correct routes, behind a mash unit offensive line consisting of mostly underclassmen and backups, during the most crucial moment of the game, when all they had to do was not turn the ball over to win and three interceptions had already been thrown during the game. If there was ever a time to embrace an inner Brian Ferentz play call this was absolutely it. - This was not only the 3rd dumbest play call I have ever seen (the dumbest being an onside kick, and the 2nd being anytime you have 3rd or 4th and less than a yard and run some stupid shotgun formation play), but it also shows absolutely no understanding of personnel on the field, their capabilities and the situation that Nebraska was in. It speaks to hubris and square peg round hole mentality that has doomed so many other Husker teams as of late. A good coordinator needs to maximize strengths and minimize the weaknesses of their units. Satterfield has this team maximizing weaknesses and minimizing strengths in game. It is mind boggling dumb. 

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

No this is worse than that. His play calls was a pass from his 3rd string QB to true freshmen/ 2nd and 3rd string receivers that have been inconsistent catching the ball or running the correct routes, behind a mash unit offensive line consisting of mostly underclassmen and backups, during the most crucial moment of the game, when all they had to do was not turn the ball over to win and three interceptions had already been thrown during the game. If there was ever a time to embrace an inner Brian Ferentz play call this was absolutely it. - This was not only the 3rd dumbest play call I have ever seen (the dumbest being an onside kick, and the 2nd being anytime you have 3rd or 4th and less than a yard and run some stupid shotgun formation play), but it also shows absolutely no understanding of personnel on the field, their capabilities and the situation that Nebraska was in. It speaks to hubris and square peg round hole mentality that has doomed so many other Husker teams as of late. A good coordinator needs to maximize strengths and minimize the weaknesses of their units. Satterfield has this team maximizing weaknesses and minimizing strengths in game. It is mind boggling dumb. 

I don’t disagree. I just wasn’t going to waste my time detailing it all. But yes, there have been numerous moments where his lack of understanding of the situation and personnel he has to work with have been mind boggling. He acts like the whole playbook is available at any time, in any situation, and it just isn’t. With our current stable of quarterbacks and sieve of a line and lack of receivers, really not much of the playbook is ever really available.

11 hours ago, Undone said:

I don't want Willy Korn at Nebraska. I don't want to prioritize the speed option & option variants. I want to bring in an actual QB who is good at actual QB things. You know, like reading a defense and throwing the ball? And honestly that player is probably Kaelin.

Let's start there. Willy Korn just gets you another Jeff Sims in here because you're prioritizing a track star QB who likely can't hit the broadside of Lancaster county in the passing game. Definitely tired of that stuff.

Husker football needs to let go of the option, IMO.

Amen 

• Plus1 1